Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Use Winrar For Movies

just wondering why ppl split a movie up with winrar, i see this a lot in bit torrent files

just that i cant see any real reason for it, just makes it a pain to preview and thus makes it more poss that its a fake

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Retired
    because the filesize will be smaller

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by delphin460@24 March 2004 - 02:20
    just wondering why ppl split a movie up with winrar, i see this a lot in bit torrent files

just that i cant see any real reason for it, just makes it a pain to preview and thus makes it more poss that its a fake
    it means the files originally came from newsgroups.

Since in newsgroups, large files are divided into binary "messages", a user has to download all of the messages to "decode" them into a rar file. It just makes it easier to manage and to redownload that file if corrupt. Nowadays files come with "error checking files" called svf files and they help check if the files are currupt.

Anyways.....

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    i doubt the file size is any smaller, you cant compress a xvid or divx any further

the newsgroup sound acceptable, but we dont realy need these rar movie files on p2p and bittorrent , so should the files be unpacked and just shared as an avi ect

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    i agree with delphine460. it defeats the simplicity of file previewing..and thats why i still go back to kazaaLite all the time. finding torrents by surfing the net 4 links is too much hassle and half the time sites are always down or they have been banned/closed/moved. im not complaing about the torrents idea but its not as accessable as kazaa. or maybe i just havnt gone to the right place.i dont know.

**if anyone knows any good anime 1996 movie torrent for Ghost.in.the.Shell.the-movie.dvd.rip.widescreen.ac3 then plz pm me it. thanks.***

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by delphin460@24 March 2004 - 13:18
    i doubt the file size is any smaller, you cant compress a xvid or divx any further

the newsgroup sound acceptable, but we dont realy need these rar movie files on p2p and bittorrent , so should the files be unpacked and just shared as an avi ect

be happy that ppl share those movies............ if you really hate those rars, download them and spread em as avis
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez+24 March 2004 - 11:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (james_bond_rulez &#064; 24 March 2004 - 11:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-delphin460@24 March 2004 - 02:20

it means the files originally came from newsgroups.

Since in newsgroups, large files are divided into binary "messages", a user has to download all of the messages to "decode" them into a rar file. It just makes it easier to manage and to redownload that file if corrupt. Nowadays files come with "error checking files" called svf files and they help check if the files are currupt.

Anyways..... [/b][/quote]
    Newsgroup movie/mp3/app/game posts aren&#39;t fake files. There are fake posts in some groups, but these are easy to spot.
    RAR sets on newsgroups are nowadays posted with PAR/PAR2 files that don&#39;t just error-check, they&#39;ll replace any missing or corrupt parts ot the set if you have enough to cover the shortfall.
    Newsgroup connections are faster than P2P.

Why are you all using P2P?
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    for its simplicity i guess.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    It&#39;s also easier for P2P software to retransmit a small bad file (15MB each) instead of retransmitting an entire 700MB file&#33;

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Originally posted by Darth Sushi@24 March 2004 - 14:10
    It&#39;s also easier for P2P software to retransmit a small bad file (15MB each) instead of retransmitting an entire 700MB file&#33;
    he&#39;s got you there chewie

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast