Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Against All Enemies.........

Originally posted by j2k4
    You're still kidding, aren't you?

Insult?

Good grief!
    So how do you define taking pieces of someones post and then making sarcastic remarks?

I think trolling is quite accurate, don't you?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by leftism+30 March 2004 - 01:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (leftism &#064; 30 March 2004 - 01:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-j2k4
    You&#39;re still kidding, aren&#39;t you?

Insult?

Good grief&#33;
    So how do you define taking pieces of someones post and then making sarcastic remarks?

I think trolling is quite accurate, don&#39;t you?[/b][/quote]

Sarcasm?

Surely you jest.

Some people are born to troll, and do it well.

Not me.

All I catch are garbage fish.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    Originally posted by j2k4
    Sarcasm?

Surely you jest.

Some people are born to troll, and do it well.

Not me.

All I catch are garbage fish.
    Well.. It was fun for a while but your getting tedious now.

I think I&#39;ll just look at your photo and read your last few posts a few more times.

It puts things in perspective.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    Originally posted by leftism+30 March 2004 - 00:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (leftism &#064; 30 March 2004 - 00:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by j2k4+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-leftism@

Your entitled to your opinion J&#39;Pol...
    Hmmmmmmm.
    [/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-j2k4

Someday, I hope to be able to speak of it with the authority of, say, leftism.[/quote]

Can you believe that someone this old...

picture of J2 and clocker
    is this petty and immature?

You must lead a very pathetic and lonely life j2, you have my deepest sympathies [/b][/quote]
    You&#39;ve stepped over the line of propriety here.

Posting personal photos takes a certain amount of bravery on an open forum as cowards may use them in an attempt at mockery. Cowards who hide behind walls of personal isolation and take shots at what people have left vulnerable.

Perhaps your photo is in order. It seems you don&#39;t understand what is appropriate.

As for the rest of your post, J2 is a married man with children, posing with a friend who happened to travel over 1000 miles by car to visit him and who rarely agrees with anything he has to say. I also get along with the overstuffed shirt (well "shirtless" would more appropriate here).

Imagine people who can get along, who are divided in both political and religious beliefs. It means that there is something more to forming a friendship. Sometimes it is about establishing a personal connection.

J2 demonstrates some balance in his forum life. He can be serious, he can lend advice, he can be funny, or he might just relate a story about his life. He doesn&#39;t stay locked in the "serious" forum, as all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

You remember me saying that you almost appeared "human"? That is what I meant. You stay positioned here, you give no insight into who you are, your age, height, marital status, interests or even a sense of humor. You are pretty well versed in the few topics you know but youre poorly fleshed out as a "human".

You would seem more likely to be the lonely white male living in an apartment with this forum as his probe into the real world. Not saying you are, but statistically more likely, than a married man posting about a social occassion.

So from your isloated little perch in the World News Forum, we find you have ventured into the lounge, where people do expose themselves a little bit, and you have smuggled back this little token as a barb for your thread.

It makes me wonder, does Lefty often look into the lounge at the common man, reading threads but not wanting to post or afraid to post. Or was it a simple J2 post search that happened to uncover this picture? Who knows, as Lefty is nothing but a name.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    Originally posted by hobbes+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>You&#39;ve stepped over the line of propriety here.

Posting personal photos takes a certain amount of bravery on an open forum as cowards may use them in an attempt at mockery. Cowards who hide behind walls of personal isolation and take shots at what people have left vulnerable.[/b]

Oh please, enough of the cheesy melodrama.

In this thread J2 decided to follow me around, take snippets of my posts and make dumbass childish remarks. In some circles this is known as trolling. I posted his public photo so everyone could see that this idiotic kindergarten behaviour was coming from a fully grown adult.

He provoked me and got a response. The way you lay out that soap opera, it sounds like I was lying in wait and ambushed him.

<!--QuoteBegin-hobbes

He doesn&#39;t stay locked in the "serious" forum, as all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

You remember me saying that you almost appeared "human"? That is what I meant. You stay positioned here, you give no insight into who you are, your age, height, marital status, interests or even a sense of humor. You are pretty well versed in the few topics you know but youre poorly fleshed out as a "human".
    [/quote]

Do a little more research hobbes. This is not the only area of the filesharingtalk forum that I post in.

You are in no position to judge whether I&#39;m "poorly fleshed out as a human" because you&#39;re not in possession of all the facts required to make such a judgement. I don&#39;t know your age, height or marital status either and if you visited other areas of the board asides from this section you would already know my interests and career path.

You and J&#39;Pol really make me laugh when you get into this mode. You set yourselves up as fair and balanced unbiased arbitrators when the truth is that your just sticking up for a friend and are acting in a totally partisan manner.

I&#39;ll take you seriously when you start handing out this judgement to all felons and not just those who refuse to take bullshit from one of your friends. If you were as fair and honourable as you would have me believe your post would have been something along the lines of "While I appreciate J2 was trolling, your response was out of line".

Your one-sidedness doesn&#39;t do much for the "honourable hobbes" picture your trying to paint. I may not reveal myself like a guest on a cheap talkshow but at least I don&#39;t try to create a false image.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    Appparently you simply can&#39;t understand the boundaries of propriety. The unspoken line that is drawn between attacking a post or poster and insulting someone in real life.

Maybe we should make fun of someones heart condition, or anothers limp, or the pimple on that picture they posted.

If you can&#39;t make the distinction, then the situation is worse than I thought.

To call me one sided and less than honorable goes against everything I stand for at this forum and you will not find a single thread to support your accusation. This is no illusion Lefty, it is the truth. I remember EvilBagPuss said the exact same thing to me. He was going to expose me for the hypocrite I was. Well, he never posted again after that day, under that name, and never "chased me down".

The threat

Your words are merely that, hollow words, based in nothing. I agree with you, I agree with J2, I will disagree as well. It is issue related, not an agenda based.

Let us say that my comments were true, is it possible for you to concede that perhaps I may be giving you a little insight into your interpersonal short-comings.

If you want to believe that my post is merely motivated to defend a friend, then please add another brick to your wall of denial, because you certainly don&#39;t want to look around this board and see that there is no actual evidence of this.

As far as my attributes go, they are all out there. But more than my height, weight , job profile, I give people a insight in the type of person I am by relating experiences in my life and sometimes posting things that leave me a bit emotionally vulnerable. Posts like these help establish common ground between people which is more important than what job you do or government you favor. Your posts outside the forum offer little into the person and only acknowledge an interest in Linux and other computer related topics. I will spot you the use of a here and there and attraction to Kate Richie. Your other comments about linux and e-mule and such hardly help define you as a person.

Hobbes

Here is something from last night, as an example.

The question I pose to you is this: How could I prove to you that I am not motivated by an agenda. How can I prove to you that this exact same post would not have appeared if you had crossed the line with anyother member. Since you and J2 battle all the time (and I am occasionally on your side of the argument) consider why this is the only time I have stepped in to say, "that&#39;s a bit over the line", it seems that I must be breaking my forum policy of honesty for you alone. Sorry, Lefty, it doesn&#39;t wash.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I&#39;m beginning to get the impression I ought to tote my own barge, so here goes:

Lefty, you don&#39;t seem to realize that we are a community here, and it is increasingly apparent you don&#39;t aim to be a part of it.

I&#39;ll throw a few things out here-

You seek to give the impression of being "engaged", as to issues and events, and also seek to promote a left-wing point-of-view. (I gather this from your nickname; hope you don&#39;t feel I have taken any undue liberties in doing so)

You accuse others of following you around and picking on you or otherwise abusing you.

I ran a search on your total post activity; I noted about a dozen posts in other sections which were distinct efforts to be helpful.

I noted perhaps another dozen which could be classified, more-or-less, as pure commentary, observations on issues or events.

I believe you have started only one thread, and that was in WN&E.

The rest of your posting (ALL of it) is negative reactions to myself, Hobbes, J&#39;Pol, or a very few others.

I personally have the impression that it is you who follows me around.

I have commented on your commentary, I freely admit that; I have posted several times in attempts to cajole, poke, prod, and yes, I have insulted you too.

But I have never attacked you, and I have not entered into any go-&#39;rounds with you absent some sort of provocation.

You cannot make the case that anyone is "following you around"; remember: you have only started one thread.

I will state this very plainly:

Your function here (however unstated) is to face off with me.

You have some idea that I fancy myself the king of WN&E.

This is nothing short of laughable.

In any case, you apparently have some personal imperative to supplant me in this perceived capacity.

Well, here&#39;s how it is, lefty:

There is no king of WN&E; there are merely a collection of people who are issue-oriented and inclined to discuss and debate, and have a bit of fun doing it.

Some of us have been here from the go, and some are new; some come and go-it is a variable feast.

Now, your type is not a new phenomenon here; you have heard mention of EvilBagPuss, you have posted with 1234, and there have been a few others whose names I can&#39;t recall.

A few lasted quite a bit longer than you&#39;ve been here.

None of them have stayed, because they ultimately didn&#39;t fit in.

You and your methods are indistinguishable from them and theirs; this is why some here have occasionally accused you of merely being their most recent incarnation.

Such is neither here nor there, to me.

You come in with an agenda, and it doesn&#39;t work here.

I have a viewpoint, a philosophy, whatever you want to call it, that is unapologetically conservative.

I do not, however, have an agenda, and you won&#39;t find anyone here who supports such an opinion, either.

You, on the other hand, have only your agenda, and it doesn&#39;t serve you, you are it&#39;s slave.

Those who have posted in this thread most recently are friends of mine, however they are not posting as friends, but as arbitors of forum behavior.

I have been reticent to join in, because, as the focus of your pique, any post of mine would be open to interpretation as to motivation.

I feel that critical point has passed, however.

I will, then, say this for myself:

I wish you would drop this stance, pose, agenda, or whatever it is, and join us.

We are having much more fun than you are, and you don&#39;t seem to realize what you&#39;re missing.

Now, unless you can find an olive branch to lay across mine, I am done with you.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by j2k4@1 April 2004 - 16:44
    Now, unless you can find an olive branch to lay across mine, I am done with you.
    Well.....it&#39;s about time.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #49
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    As an original member of WN&E I am saddened by the personal attack on J2.

I do not always agree with him and yet have always found him courteous and friendly. He is supportive when someone is in need and a veritable foe in a fight over principles. I would say this about several others too, Hobbes and I have locked horns on occasion too but I would NEVER insult him personally.

Anyone with the wit and guts to have an opinion and be willing to state it on a public forum should be respected and I respect you too Lefty for your articulate posts. However, your degeneration into petty personal attacks has left me reeling. I have been aware of your (in my opinion) over zealous arguments with J2 but then he has consistently risen to them and did not require others to defend him. I thought it was all just a bit of fun, the accepted heated banter of WN&E...

I was wrong in my assessment of you Lefty, I thought you a worthy contributor but have discovered that you are the type of person that resorts to personal insults when losing an argument...sad, thought you were better and brighter than that.

If it was up to me, I would put you on moderation

I feel I have now opened myself to an attack from you.

I am defending the principles of this forum, J2 requires no defence from me and could eat you for dinner with one hand tied behind his back&#33;

10. The Drawing Room   -   #50
    I have to disagree, obviously posting someones photo for the purpose of ridicule is out of line, but i saw those posts j2 made before leftism responded and it was perfectly obvious to me at the time (given the last few threads they&#39;ve &#39;discussed&#39; things in) that they were nothing but incitement. Imo the first move in this thread was by j2 and some form of escalation was almost inevitable. Every other thread where they argued may have been completely the opposite situation, but i&#39;m not inclined to go through them to find out.

As to what leftism does on the rest of the board or how much personal information he divulges, to me thats neither here nor there. I don&#39;t give out too much info about myself, and there are no photos of me accessible to any of you (i think). I never post in the lounge and really don&#39;t see the attraction, so imo if leftism comes here almost solely for intelligent debate then i don&#39;t see the problem. Maybe this means that he and I are harder to personally attack, but thats not my intention and i don&#39;t think it&#39;s his, so its pretty meaningless.
    I also don&#39;t believe anyone on this board has an agenda to forward, and i don&#39;t really understand how they could actually have one.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast