Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Atheist Pleads With Justices

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Arm@25 March 2004 - 22:08
    If the Pledge of Allegiance was ever put up for banning, ide support it. Though I am an atheist, I hate the pledge for other reasons. Mostly being so because I see the pledge as some bullshit propagonda to brainwash the kids into blindly supporting America. Though it's not the kids can understand the big words they are saying. I know when I was in kindergarden and recited the pledge I didn't know what the hell I was saying. I just blindly followed like a dog. If I could go back ide stop myself from saying the pledge. Though saying the pledge is mandatory. You'll get your name written on the board if you don't!

Now that I know what the hell I am saying it is safe to say that I don't pledge allegiance to the flag or the United States of America. Arm no like America.

Remember kiddies, it's not the "Under God" part that gets people, it's the whole damn pledge.
    Well that's you Arm. The guy is atheist, he didn't say anti-American.

You also have the right to GTFO of the country if you don't like it so much.

I'm sure you'll like it somewhere else much better since you don't like America.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Originally posted by Busyman+26 March 2004 - 06:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman &#064; 26 March 2004 - 06:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Arm@25 March 2004 - 22:08
    If the Pledge of Allegiance was ever put up for banning, ide support it. Though I am an atheist, I hate the pledge for other reasons. Mostly being so because I see the pledge as some bullshit propagonda to brainwash the kids into blindly supporting America. Though it&#39;s not the kids can understand the big words they are saying. I know when I was in kindergarden and recited the pledge I didn&#39;t know what the hell I was saying. I just blindly followed like a dog. If I could go back ide stop myself from saying the pledge. Though saying the pledge is mandatory. You&#39;ll get your name written on the board if you don&#39;t&#33;

Now that I know what the hell I am saying it is safe to say that I don&#39;t pledge allegiance to the flag or the United States of America. Arm no like America.

Remember kiddies, it&#39;s not the "Under God" part that gets people, it&#39;s the whole damn pledge.
    Well that&#39;s you Arm. The guy is atheist, he didn&#39;t say anti-American.

You also have the right to GTFO of the country if you don&#39;t like it so much.

I&#39;m sure you&#39;ll like it somewhere else much better since you don&#39;t like America.[/b][/quote]
    Busyman,

Arm is just a little boy who doesn&#39;t feel loved by his Mommy. Story end.

I feel badly for his circumstance, but I have little value for his "opinions".
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Originally posted by hobbes@25 March 2004 - 22:28
    "Morals", as I have said before, come from a uniquely human ability to appreciate "selfish" behavior.

It is that simple, you don&#39;t need a God to tell you this.
    Some people do. You don&#39;t.

Keep in mind most us right now got most of morality from religion whether it came from selfish behavior or not.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Originally posted by hobbes+26 March 2004 - 01:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 26 March 2004 - 01:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Busyman@26 March 2004 - 06:50
    <!--QuoteBegin-Arm
    @25 March 2004 - 22:08
    If the Pledge of Allegiance was ever put up for banning, ide support it. Though I am an atheist, I hate the pledge for other reasons. Mostly being so because I see the pledge as some bullshit propagonda to brainwash the kids into blindly supporting America. Though it&#39;s not the kids can understand the big words they are saying. I know when I was in kindergarden and recited the pledge I didn&#39;t know what the hell I was saying. I just blindly followed like a dog. If I could go back ide stop myself from saying the pledge. Though saying the pledge is mandatory. You&#39;ll get your name written on the board if you don&#39;t&#33;

Now that I know what the hell I am saying it is safe to say that I don&#39;t pledge allegiance to the flag or the United States of America. Arm no like America.

Remember kiddies, it&#39;s not the "Under God" part that gets people, it&#39;s the whole damn pledge.

Well that&#39;s you Arm. The guy is atheist, he didn&#39;t say anti-American.

You also have the right to GTFO of the country if you don&#39;t like it so much.

I&#39;m sure you&#39;ll like it somewhere else much better since you don&#39;t like America.
    Busyman,

I feel badly for his circumstance, but I have little value for his "opinions". [/b][/quote]
    Just another anti-American who happens too live here and won&#39;t move.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@26 March 2004 - 00:58
    Busyman,

Arm is just a little boy who doesn&#39;t feel loved by his Mommy.&nbsp; Story end.

You value Arms opinions more then most people (which is not at all).

Oh me bitching about loving mommy. Thats so damn cliche. Lets just say Arms too opinionated for his own good and hates the world. Thats good.

And hes the guy said he was atheist and not Anti-American. Well depending on how redneck(politically correct: convervative and narrow minded) the person is, some god-fearing church goers would say all atheists are anti-American.

And it&#39;s kinda hard to leave America when you are a slacker 16 year old who is about to drop out and doesnt give a damn about anything. And with my state of mind I wouldnt find happiness anywhere.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Originally posted by Arm+26 March 2004 - 04:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Arm @ 26 March 2004 - 04:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@26 March 2004 - 00:58
    Busyman,

You value Arms opinions more then most people (which is not at all).

Oh me bitching about loving mommy. Thats so damn cliche. Lets just say Arms too opinionated for his own good and hates the world. Thats good.

And hes the guy said he was atheist and not Anti-American. Well depending on how redneck(politically correct: convervative and narrow minded) the person is, some god-fearing church goers would say all atheists are anti-American.

And it&#39;s kinda hard to leave America when you are a slacker 16 year old who is about to drop out and doesnt give a damn about anything. And with my state of mind I wouldnt find happiness anywhere. [/b][/quote]
    Explains a whole lot.
    Now I reeeeally don&#39;t value your opinions.

I see you are one of those 16 year olds who has "problems".

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    bowrabob's Avatar Reformed devo
    Is this the new sport now ... Arm bashing? Can&#39;t 16 year olds have opinions? l&#39;m on your side Arm, you keep thinking for yourself and you&#39;ll become an inteligent adult.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Originally posted by bowrabob@26 March 2004 - 15:15
    Is this the new sport now ... Arm bashing?&nbsp; Can&#39;t 16 year olds have opinions?&nbsp; l&#39;m on your side Arm, you keep thinking for yourself and you&#39;ll become an inteligent adult.
    I am not Arm bashing Bob, I was giving Busy a behind the scenes look at who Arm is. It was apparent from Busys response that he did not know Arm&#39;s backround.

I didn&#39;t make up what I said about Arm. I have read many of his posts, several concerning his age and dissatisfaction with life.

I was letting BM know that he should not invest too much effort in this guy as he has "anger" issues and likes to vent them here from time to time. He is mad about everything, whether it is legimate or not.

I see Arm post his little tirades from time to time and I don&#39;t let them provoke me because I understand what is actually motivating them.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    I think that reciting the pledge in school is wrong.

1. The kids aren&#39;t forced to recite it, but honestly, do the kids even fully understand what they are saying? As Arm said, no, they don&#39;t, I know I didn&#39;t. They just follow blindly and who would want to be different than the other kids by refusing to say something they don&#39;t even understand. So they are, technically, forced to say it.

2. It shouldn&#39;t be in the pledge at all because even if they do refuse to say it, they are still forced to hear it. Kids go to school to learn, not hear about god.

3. In the last 6 months, three 10 commandment monuments were forced off of government property because they were unconstitutional. I disagreed with that because you cannot be forced to read the monument everyday. You can easily ignore it. So how come it&#39;s legal for kids to be forced to say/hear &#39;under god&#39; everyday at school?

4. The same idea goes along with the entire pledge itself. It is our constitutional right not to agree with our country, there for it is our constitutional right not to be forced to say/hear allegiance to it, especially at a place that they are required to go to by law.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    The pledge is not really my area of expertise. Nevertheless, it does not appear to specify which God. It could therefore be a pledge to Mammon, or to your favourite automobile. Who would would know or care?

However, I do recall though that Bart Simpson had to write lines on the blackboard the gist of which was "the pledge of allegiance does not end Hail Satan"

Busyman, are you really saying that without the restraining fear of being an everlasting toasted muffin on a pitch fork you would run amuk?

Incidently, why did they change it in the 1950s were the founding fathers just plain wrong?
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast