Thread: Is There A Morpheus "lite"?

zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    From Download.com - Note the third-party applications sh*t at the bottom. Hence my question.

Search all the major file-sharing networks and connect with users of Kazaa, iMesh, eDonkey, Overnet, Grokster, Gnutella, LimeWire, G2, and others with Morpheus 4.0, the only American file-sharing software ruled legal by a U.S. federal court. Instead of searching just one network, search all major P2P networks at the same time, accessing millions of users simultaneously to greatly increase your chances of finding what you need. Morpheus 4.0 is free and offers free VoIP voice chat so you can talk to others globally at no cost. Morpheus 4.0 also provides early access to the new NEOnet technology, developed to make it easier to find content with 100 percent accuracy. The program protects your privacy with integrated access to public proxy networks; has options to prevent others from snooping on you; autoscans files for viruses with your antivirus software; enables multiple simultaneous searches for all media file types; returns fast multisource downloads; and contains no spyware.

The latest version features firewall detection and hub balancing improvements, updates to hashing methods, bug fixes, and more.

Editor's note: This download includes additional applications bundled with the software's installer file. Third-party applications bundled with this download may record your surfing habits, deliver advertising, collect private information, or modify your system settings. Pay close attention to the end-user license agreement and installation options. For more information, read Download.com's guide to adware.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    masterpiece21's Avatar 5C 12.24.42
    So what ur sayin is we should drop all of our curent file-sharing programs and just use morpheus 4.0 becuz it connects to all file-sharing networks? i think theres a fuck-up in there the morpheus team aint tellin us ab.............and plus i dont wall that bundled BS with it! The only way ill switch from my beloved limwire pro and kazaa lite is if sum1 makes a morpheus lite which i kno theres many peeps on this board who prolly could(hell if i could)

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Look u fn n00b! I was asking a couple questions. I don't know shit about this prog. I was asking if there is a Morpheus lite. A spyware free version & if not was it worth making.

So n00b you failed Reading Comprehension 101.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Morpheus has ALWAYS been a poor implimenter of the Gnutella network -- using it to connect to Gnutella HURTS that network more than it helps because Morpheus does NOT participate to any appreciable degree in Gnutella Developement/Developer's Forum which finalizes the Gnutella open protocol standards which are meant to be followed.

Users don't see that and don't know that and come away with the opinion that 'Gnutella sucks'... but a lot of that sucking is caused by Morpheus itself -- even if you're not the one running Morpheus!!!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Thanks for the info Switeck.