Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possible Problem?...

Poster
    Also, if you're new to Kazaa, I STRONGLY recommend you get yourself a copy of PeerGuardian or Protowall (see Bluetack or Methlabs) as well. These programs help protect you from the RIAA and other snoops that will sue you if they catch you filesharing, and they are free to download. It's not 100% perfect, but it DOES improve the odds in your favour. PeerGuardian is easier to set up and use than Protowall, but it is no longer supported by its creators so you will need to get Blocklist Manager from Bluetack as well to update your blocklists. DO consider doing this, it could save you a lot of heartache and money in the long run.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Mystikan@29 March 2004 - 11:32
    Also, if you're new to Kazaa, I STRONGLY recommend you get yourself a copy of PeerGuardian or Protowall (see Bluetack or Methlabs) as well. These programs help protect you from the RIAA and other snoops that will sue you if they catch you filesharing, and they are free to download. It's not 100% perfect, but it DOES improve the odds in your favour. PeerGuardian is easier to set up and use than Protowall, but it is no longer supported by its creators so you will need to get Blocklist Manager from Bluetack as well to update your blocklists. DO consider doing this, it could save you a lot of heartache and money in the long run.
    that might give people a bit of a protection but does not protect them from the riaa

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    haxor, for some reason the link didn't want to direct me anywhere, though I know you wanted a broadband stats test, here is what I got from somewheres else.

Image Resized
    <a href=&#39;
    http://www.imageshack.us/img2/9164/reportggge1.JPG&#39; target=&#39;image&#39;>Image Resized
    [img]http://www.imageshack.us/img2/9164/reportggge1.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'></a>]Clickage[/url].

Though my ISP is infamous for having speed swings, so duno wether it&#39;s anything to go by.

Edit: Just got round to d/l&#39;ing the software, thanks Mystikan&#33;

But for ProtoWall, when I try to boot it up, it gives me an &#39;ProtoWall.sys is not loaded&#39;

Oh and last question and I&#39;m done, once I install them, is that end of story? I can keep everything as default and I&#39;m set?...

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    h1
    Originally posted by 133731@30 March 2004 - 09:59
    haxor, for some reason the link didn&#39;t want to direct me anywhere, though I know you wanted a broadband stats test, here is what I got from somewheres else.

Image Resized
    <a href=&#39;
    http://www.imageshack.us/img2/9164/reportggge1.JPG&#39; target=&#39;image&#39;>Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://www.imageshack.us/img2/9164/reportggge1.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'></a>]Clickage[/url].

Though my ISP is infamous for having speed swings, so duno wether it&#39;s anything to go by.

Edit: Just got round to d/l&#39;ing the software, thanks Mystikan&#33;

But for ProtoWall, when I try to boot it up, it gives me an &#39;ProtoWall.sys is not loaded&#39;

Oh and last question and I&#39;m done, once I install them, is that end of story? I can keep everything as default and I&#39;m set?...
    That link works fine...

^^^
    Image resize at work again...

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    So whats the diagnosis on my connection doc?...

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    h1
    IDK, are you behind a router or something?

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    are you behind a router or something?
    Nope, just so I know, does everyone here use K-Lite? And if so, which version?

I&#39;m all ears. B)

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    BANNED
    it ranges from klite 2.4.3 to 2.4.4, klr 2.5.0(.0.0.7) and k-lite2.6rc20b.

you might even find a few with klite2.10

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    muchspl2
    maybe he should try a different p2p
    irc/bittorrent/emule are much faster 99% of the time, not to mention they will have sources before kazaa

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    h1
    Nobody uses KL anymore.

I use Nicotine (SoulSeek) and MLdonkey (BitTorrent, Direct Connect, eDonkey2000, FastTrack, Gnutella1, Gnutella2, OpenNap, Overnet, SoulSeek).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast