Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Dl Starts With Great Speed But Then Lowers

Poster
    I use bitcomet and torrent storm,, both htime the dl starts with speeds of up to 40kb from seeds of 200 but then it starts declining without me doing anything. I have my firewall off. so i don't know what is going on or what i should be doing. Also i have dsl, is there anyway to tweak this also?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Hi,

Its your DSL, (just joking)

Well, Bittorrent is like a roller coaster, it goes up and down, usually when you start downloading at a certain speed its usually steady unless you messed with the upload bandwidth. It will go back up eventually, just sit tight and wait.
    <span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>VEGASGUY</span></span>

CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON PRIVATE BT TRACKER&#33;

<span style='color:red'>Proud Fasttracker member</span>

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    vegas has a poing. bt speeds are kinda hard to predict. it all depends on peer, seeds, availability. and a whole bunch or variables. the only thing i can say i dont worry about it unless u have horrible speeds all the time

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster
    If you&#39;re trying to upload at &#39;unlimited&#39; speed -- or even a speed greater or equal to what your connection is rated for, THAT is the cause.

It is better to lower upload speeds to about 50-80% of rated upload bandwidth max while the file is downloading. If you care to &#39;return the favor&#39; quicker when the download is done, upload speeds can probably be increased to 80-90% of upload max when done.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster
    i have torrent storm, what should i set my max connections to and what should my upload be?thanks

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    *Grunt*
    thats wierd mine start off slow. then speed up.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by Keer@26 March 2004 - 03:54
    i have torrent storm, what should i set my max connections to and what should my upload be?thanks
    It depends entirely on the speed and type of your connection -- what&#39;s your connection type+speed?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    i have a dsl and its about 1.4mb range

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by Keer@27 March 2004 - 22:43
    i have a dsl and its about 1.4mb range
    It is very unusual for a DSL line to be able to upload as fast as it downloads.

Chances are with only 1.4 mbps down, you probably can only upload at 0.125 to 0.5 mbps up.

0.125 mbps up works out to be about 13-15 KB/sec upload.
    0.25 mbps works out to be about 22-30 KB/sec upload.
    0.5 mbps works out to be about 50-60 KB/sec upload.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster
    thanks for the lenghty info ,but i don&#39;t really care about the upload&#33;

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast