Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Close The Thread About Billy Dean?

AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused
    Why close the thread about Billy Dean? Well, there's a simple question that I've been meaning to get on all day to ask.

Was it because of flaming? trolling? racism? homophobia? posting obscene pictures of naked women inserting oversized dildo's inside themselves? was it because I said damn? does hobbes smell?

Just some answers please.

Persistant bastards aren't we?

2. Lounge   -   #12
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Just to let you know, i didn't close that thread Your question in my direction is not right in that case. But i will ask if you read back all my previous answers in that other topic again! If you read you see all the answers in there. Thing is that most people that doesn't seem to get over it, and keep posting in here are regulars from Billys forum, some people i like and respect a lot. And it's their freedom to do so but again we ain't gonna change our point of view. Again we made the decission for banning after big debates, with the best interest of the board. And as you probably do understand, we can't please everyone. Therefor an on going debate about this is useless and probably the rason it was closed. If you don't agree just pm an admin about it.

Btw me personal didn't like the way you started your repost of the closed one,
    Originally posted by Hobbes
    Just seems to be another example of censorship. This is a forum for fun, but the people we effect are real.
    You seem to forget that we mods are just members as you all are, if this forum is for fun why exclude us mods? We are people too, why should we be excluded from what you think is the right for the forum??? Ever thought of that.

oh and the censorship thing, really, if there is a forum on the web that is liberal, it's this one... and i'm sure that deep in your heart if your honest ... you know that too....

3. Lounge   -   #13
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I hav'nt been reading all this about Rikk's ban so this might have already been answered but would'nt it close the case if one of the staff would just say he' either being let back in on a certain date or he's banned for life?

So the simple question is

Will Rikk be allowed back in?

And a one word answer will finish the discussion

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

4. Lounge   -   #14
    AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused
    They did answer that question Jonno. They said no. Despite what 7th said about a months ban.

Thank you Jetje for at least attempting to answer questions, they weren't good answers but you tried at least.

:helpsmile:

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@26 March 2004 - 14:27
    I hav'nt been reading all this about Rikk's ban so this might have already been answered but would'nt it close the case if one of the staff would just say he' either being let back in on a certain date or he's banned for life?

So the simple question is

Will Rikk be allowed back in?

And a one word answer will finish the discussion

Jonno B)
    Well if that still isn't clear...

no

As Billy has his own forum, i even doubt he's willing to get back in here anyways.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I'm pretty sure it was said in yesterday's thread that it was permanent

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Originally posted by AussieSheila@26 March 2004 - 14:35
    They did answer that question Jonno. They said no. Despite what 7th said about a months ban.

Thank you Jetje for at least attempting to answer questions, they weren't good answers but you tried at least.

:helpsmile:
    Sheila, the answers were good, they just weren't what you would like too hear i presume

but thanks for taking time to post that Sheila, yes we do take everything serious. Believe me if i say there was never a debate or effort and time we mods spent as on the case of Billy Dean. The outcome isn't satifying for all, and therefor we get the blaims, i understand that. But that's part of being a mod i guess. Part of making and enforcing some decissions, just like irl....

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    I've been reading all this over the past couple of days and am still rather bemused by it all.

Jetje, with all due respect and all bullshit aside... lets cut the crap and get to the point.

In a conversation between BD and Marc which was posted in this forum it clearly states... and I do mean clearly... that the ban was for a 1 (ONE) month period.

Now it doesn't really matter how you try to justify it, and believe me I can see you're trying your hardest, with absolutely NO support from your fellow mods of course, but you guys are looking like the biggest bunch of hypocrites in any forum I've ever been to.

It seems you are prepared to "move the goalposts" just because it suits yourself. It also takes away any creedence to anything in the past or in future that comes from the tips of your (collectively ALL mods and Admin) fingertips regarding anything.

You don't want to be seen as "Aussie bashers", but you seem to have a penchant for referring to it. I've seen conspiracy theories thrown around, that WE from THAT forum dare to post within these "hallowed" forums. Well life sometimes sucks mate, but you can't ban the lot of us! And whether you like it or not... we WILL be heard.

Right now you look like the biggest bunch of tossers out. Your esteemed leaders word isn't worth Jack shit.... and to be very honest, your words are looking pretty damn suss too!

You have nothing to justify the stance you are taking now. Nothing that can possibly atone for yet another case of "fuckupedness"

It's the bigger man who admits he made the mistake and then rectifies it. It's the fool who tries to justify it.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    bowrabob's Avatar Reformed devo
    l don't know if Jetje is doing this on purpose, or if he just doesn't understand, but he is putting things in the wrong order and coming up with the wrong answer. l would have to guess that he does it on purpose, because so many people have pointed out his mistake, that he must have realised by now.

So just for Jetje this is the order of things.
    • [1] The mods had a meeting and decided to ban him.
      [2] Billy posted his farewell thread believing he was about to be banned, as 7th mentioned in his PM.
      [3] 7th and Billy talked on MSN, where 7th told him he was not banning him for good, just a month.
      [4] That month is now up, and Billy is still banned.
    We want to know why that pledge has been broken. We are not interested in mod chats, only the promise that was made to a member.

7th made the promise, 7th should answer, in here, to everyone. And yes, l have PM'd him.

PS. If you really want to know what Billy thinks, go over to his forum and ask him, don't guess, you know where it is, you've been there enough times.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    So if he's been banned for good there is no arguement, at the end of the day it's 7ths board, he pays for it and what he says goes.

Personally I find that a little sad as Rikk did start some interesting stuff, but atm I think there are worse people on this board who are actually looking for fights and trolling to their hearts content.

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast