Thread: How Long Did It Take You To Download...

well...as the topic states? how long? at what speeds? using what dl program?
    I'm curious cause I use to dowload games in 2-6hrs. But these games take eternity at like 20kbs.

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    I don't know, bruce. But one tip i can give u is this: if ur downloading let's say Splinter Cell pt, go 2 search, turn Autosearchmore on, and keep searching. ur speed will drastically increase. Good luck! ^_^
    The most addicktive music in the world is...William hung's!! Nah jk he can just suck my hotdog.

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by destroyerofevil@26 March 2004 - 07:15
    I don't know, bruce. But one tip i can give u is this: if ur downloading let's say Splinter Cell pt, go 2 search, turn Autosearchmore on, and keep searching. ur speed will drastically increase. Good luck! ^_^
    Here's a tip for you, since you're trying to be helpful

If you go to Search, you'll see that your tip has already been used thousands of times

Anyway, I get a steady 58-59kB/sec download (512k adsl), so to download 5GB of data would take me about 25 hours
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

4. Games   -   #4
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Originally posted by destroyerofevil@26 March 2004 - 08:15
    ok i'm like 99.9% he is talking about Bittorent.....

5. Games   -   #5
    umm.... yeah bittorrent...nice try though with that autosearch more tip.(been there done that)

6. Games   -   #6
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Far Cry and UT2004 took about a week on my torrent...I was getting shitty speed all the way.

Splinter CellT took about 6 hours, though I will be spending another week seeding as my upload is so shit.

7. Games   -   #7
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Well,

The Demo of Far Cry from the Base Site took me like one hour........

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    I was just trying 2 help the guy. Besides, i just found out about that.
    The most addicktive music in the world is...William hung's!! Nah jk he can just suck my hotdog.