Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Problem?...

Hi,

I've pretty new to K-Lite, and not entirely sure if it's a problem or not cause my MSN contact say they don't get it.

Anywho, when I boot up K-Lite, and I look at my w/e is d/l'ing under the Traffic tab, hardly anything d/l's higher then about 2kb/sec, but everything out side of K-Lite that I d/l is around 80-100kb/sec. Like I say not sure if it's a problem or not.

So, I'm really new to the whole thing, it's a great piece of software, but I don't know very much about it, sorry to sounds newbish.

I read in previous threads about people 'jumping supernodes', which I looked up in the 'help' index but couldn't find out anything, plus I don't know if it would help.

I have a broadband connection, and am currently using K-Lite++ v2.43, although I've used multiple versions.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I'm ultra stupid, so please explain things in a language uber idiots like me can understand.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps , and if you have a router you need to getkanat

to jump supernodes go to file>jump supernodes

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    h1
    You behind a router? And don't bullshit, you didn't edit anything.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Old Fella
    Just a thought, but are you running more than 1 P2P application, as your download speed will be shared.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by haxor41789+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (haxor41789)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>You behind a router?[/b]

Nope.

<!--QuoteBegin-Cyril

are you running more than 1 P2P application,[/quote]

You mean like Morpheus, etc? Nope, Just Kazaa Lite.

After looking back through a few threads, I found a link to KLR v0.0.7, so I&#39;m using that right now.

I can sometimes get d/l speeds of around 80kb/s, but say, the other 9 d/l&#39;s are around 0.x kb/s.

I&#39;ve tried a few hints throughout the forum, but is there any tips to use, anything to tweak to enhance the speeds? Oh yeah, and I use Kazaa Ignite since yesterday.

Thanks in advance.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    your files have no sources

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Thanks....

How might they get sources? Please.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    BANNED
    if you know of any you can add them in with k-dat or jump supernodes or try different country suppernodes

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Old Fella
    Originally posted by 133731@27 March 2004 - 02:00
    I can sometimes get d/l speeds of around 80kb/s, but say, the other 9 d/l&#39;s are around 0.x kb/s.

I&#39;ve tried a few hints throughout the forum, but is there any tips to use, anything to tweak to enhance the speeds? Oh yeah, and I use Kazaa Ignite since yesterday.

Thanks in advance.
    If you normally can only download 80-120, then you will not have multiple downloads running at individual speeds of 80 Kb/s, as you maximum download speed with combined downloads will only be 80-120 Kb/s. Sounds like you are expecting each download to run at same speed but this is not the case.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Oh I see, I think I&#39;m getting there.

So it&#39;s natural to have one or two d/l&#39;s running ultra fast, while the rest crawl along?

Any tips that might help boost anything? I&#39;ve heard in other threads that some of the default options should be tweaked and such, I dunno.

Originally posted by MUSLAMAN
    if you know of any you can add them in with k-dat or jump supernodes or try different country suppernodes
    Guess I should consult the &#39;Help&#39; tab again, no idea how to do any of that, except the Jump Supernodes, again I&#39;m an idiot, and a particuarly slow learner.

Infinite thanks for the help so far guys&#33; Don&#39;t give up on me&#33;

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast