Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anti Spam- Is It Doing Any Good For The Forum?

NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    I don't know if it's working or not. The intent was a good one, the outcome has not been successful in many ways.

I will say, that I have only had the message come up once, and I preview messages all the time. I'm just lucky I guess.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@27 March 2004 - 04:30
    Am I missing the upside to this marvelous addition?

All I know is that out-of-the-blue it shows up to irritate me.

I want it dead on a spear, I want it fileted and grilled in butter, I want it as a side with green eggs and ham, Sam I am.

I would eat it in the rain,
    I would eat it on a train,
    I would eat it in a box,
    I would eat it with a fox.

I want to comsume and destroy anti-spam,
    sam I am.
    I agree it is a pain, it happens every time I preview a post, which I used to always do.

Can you grill something "in butter" btw. Wouldn't that be sauté, surely when you grill something it is a dry process other than the foods own moisture.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Poster
    I reckon it causes more trouble than it stops
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by 4th gen@27 March 2004 - 17:31
    I reckon it causes more trouble than it stops
    Grilling ?

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    J'Pol:
    Can you grill something "in butter" btw. Wouldn't that be sauté, surely when you grill something it is a dry process other than the foods own moisture.
    No. You can grill in butter. For instance fish, wrapped in aluminum-foil.

At this moment i am grilling chickenwings in japanese and surinam marinade.

Also there are various ways of grilling. Charcoal, electric, contact, top, bottom,

sideways(kebab).

I also use a grilling/baking technique for some dishes.

For the spamfilter i suggest charcoal.......till the filter is totally gone to ashes.

CuliYogi

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Poster
    If you wrap it in aluminium foil would that not be baking. Albeit you do it under, or on a grill depending on where you are.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Originally posted by J'Pol@27 March 2004 - 18:54
    If you wrap it in aluminium foil would that not be baking. Albeit you do it under, or on a grill depending on where you are.
    If it is totally wrapped, you are right.

I often use the foil under it, while grilling from the top. Prevents the juices dripping away.

Cooking is fun. At least for me.

YoTasty

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Poster
    Originally posted by SensualBarfing+27 March 2004 - 17:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SensualBarfing @ 27 March 2004 - 17:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@27 March 2004 - 18:54
    If it is totally wrapped, you are right.

I often use the foil under it, while grilling from the top. Prevents the juices dripping away.

Cooking is fun. At least for me.

YoTasty [/b][/quote]
    Gotcha

Me too, I really enjoy cooking. Trying different thing.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Cooking spam?

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+27 March 2004 - 17:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol &#064; 27 March 2004 - 17:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@27 March 2004 - 04:30
    Am I missing the upside to this marvelous addition?

All I know is that out-of-the-blue it shows up to irritate me.

I want it dead on a spear, I want it fileted and grilled in butter, I want it as a side with green eggs and ham, Sam I am.

I would eat it in the rain,
    I would eat it on a train,
    I would eat it in a box,
    I would eat it with a fox.

I want to comsume and destroy anti-spam,
    sam I am.
    I agree it is a pain, it happens every time I preview a post, which I used to always do.

Can you grill something "in butter" btw. Wouldn&#39;t that be sauté, surely when you grill something it is a dry process other than the foods own moisture.[/b][/quote]
    I would, however; be in favor of a program the was "anti-nitpicking". Oh, and don&#39;t called me "shirley".
    Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://www.photo.net/philg/digiphotos/200103-d1-agra/apes-grooming-at-akbars-tomb.half.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast