Thread: Isp In Ealing London

hi, i would like someone to advise me of an isp in ealing london that i can connect to for broadband 150k. i dont really understand all that adsl,cable,lan etc stuff so i would be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction of whom i can connect to for a reasonable monthly cost and get a good service. thank you

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by the mask@27 March 2004 - 15:22
    hi, i would like someone to advise me of an isp in ealing london that i can connect to for broadband 150k. i dont really understand all that adsl,cable,lan etc stuff so i would be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction of whom i can connect to for a reasonable monthly cost and get a good service. thank you
    If you have cable TV in your area, you can get broadband access through them - NTL or Blueyonder (Telewest) probably operate in your area. You'll need to sign up with their digital TV service (and usually get the phone line free - keeping your BT number) to get cable broadband cos that's how it's delivered. Blueyonder now have a notoriously good newsgroup service for an ISP, after some time with a notoriously bad one.

If you have a BT line and either can't get cable TV in your area or just don't want it, then ADSL can usually be supplied by BT, Freeserve, AOL, Tiscali and many others. I have a friend with Tiscali ADSL and it seems like a good price for the service. BT have traditionally supplied a very poor newsgroup service but Freeserve's always used to be great.

Basically, you gotta find out whether you can get cable TV and from who, whether you can get ADSL (BTOpenworld site used to tell you online), then decide which to go for. If you can get ADSL from one company you can usually get it from them all.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    hell you can pick any isp that operates in london since i lived in ealing for most of my life and i know thats where one of the main exchanges is in london.

adslguide.org has a nice list of isps you might want to pick one. i hear bulldog is pretty good and cheap.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Poster
    I agree if I lived down there (as they say) Bulldog would be my next contender for an Isp,150k is limited at the moment to only a few Isp's oh Ntl if your interested have started wireless in London.
    What you have to watch is the extra charges with most like connection,modem micro filters (Bt line) etc.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/broadband/xdsl.shtml

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    i have cable tv and a telephone with ntl but they are unable to provide a b/b connection in this area. i currently have dial-up with them. i far as i have understood asdl uses a telephone line right? i looked at bulldog and unfortunately you have to have a bt line which i dont have

EDIT: so i think im going to go for NDO

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    your best bet http://www.adslguide.org.uk/ i am a member here and ispreview lucky me pipex all the way

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    BANNED
    dunno m8 if they do 150k bu u can look http://www.bulldogdsl.com/

i'm think abt them myself