Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rookies

lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    cake, if you're so musically enlightened, give us a tidbit of your favorite artists/bands....

you're coming off as very arrogant saying that you are almost positive you have better musical taste/experience, whatever, than all of us.

so again. pleze list some of your favorite artists/bands. B)

2. Music   -   #22
    Originally posted by cake@27 March 2004 - 21:36
    i just got into this forum and already i feel out of place. short and sweet, i know in my heart none of you know much of anything about music. no experience, no schooling, no travels to other cultures to learn about styles and tequniques. you complain about modern music with no expertise. unfortunately great music creations are over. the last era of quality was maybe the 90's. it's over now, never to return. you support the mainstream crap the industry calls music and you believe them. you are teeny bopping, computer geek , college / society failures with too much opinion, and to make matters worse you actually believe youselves. pitiful!! stick to your videos and glamour, you want real music worthy of war? look to the past, the future is shallow and hopeless.

cake
    I agree w/ your comments about this forum, but not about music in general.

Besides... there are far, far better music forums out there.

So why bother picking on these guys? They like it in here.

3. Music   -   #23
    jetje's Avatar former star
    What is mainstream music......

i was around in the 70's when the punk music came, it was underground and hardly anyone liked it. It was in the caverns of the land, it was music, culture, political.. I saw the stranglers perform in front of 70 people, then it got big, the Stranglers famous, should i stop loving it... i saw it grow... well should i've stopped liking it? Mainstream, what's mainstream... i saw U2 perform for hardly 200 people it was a fresh new young band with a own sound... then they grow big, should i stop loving their music wich i fell for in the beginning?

There are not much musicians that don't care about their music. Most don't make it for the money (only), they make it to be heared and because they love it. What's the use of making the best and most beautifull music if you don't have an audience. Every musician wants audience... if that audience love it too, you have a big chance there will come more and more and before you know it you're big... main.... eehm stream. Even if it's not the regular music, if the audiences get big it will be played on the radio. Does that make it mainstream music...
    I gues there is no good definition for this. I love discovering new bands new sounds, that's what i love about something as Soulseek, but i rather decide myself what kind of music i like and love, regardless if it's main or stream music..
    Who cares, only thing that cares towards music that it has some kind of emotion, it somehow touches you... Then you can enjoy it.. that's the only thing that counts in music.. it touches you...

Above is written with the exception of the britneys, kylies of this world

4. Music   -   #24
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Originally posted by jetje@30 March 2004 - 23:13
    What is mainstream music......

.....but i rather decide myself what kind of music i like and love, regardless if it's main or stream music..
    Who cares, only thing that cares towards music that it has some kind of emotion, it somehow touches you... Then you can enjoy it.. that's the only thing that counts in music.. it touches you...
    yes, agreed (with all of it, but had to shorten it some, hope you dont mind jet)
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

5. Music   -   #25
    I'm here because I like music. No need to take out your insecurities on me, honey.

6. Music   -   #26
    jetje's Avatar former star
    i moved some ehm... angry and spam posts out... cause why can;'t we have a debate on mainstream and the meaning of terms and who decides what's good music...
    Well i let everything in this one that was debateble or on topic the other stuff is in some kind of trash post..
    I agree that Cake settled in with a firm statement, but believe me if your at work and want to have a good debate that's the way to start, proof him otherwise but please, use arguments I know (at least i hope) we can have musci debates in here...

guitar if you dont like what i done ghere just merge the posts together B)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123