Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rookies

i just got into this forum and already i feel out of place. short and sweet, i know in my heart none of you know much of anything about music. no experience, no schooling, no travels to other cultures to learn about styles and tequniques. you complain about modern music with no expertise. unfortunately great music creations are over. the last era of quality was maybe the 90's. it's over now, never to return. you support the mainstream crap the industry calls music and you believe them. you are teeny bopping, computer geek , college / society failures with too much opinion, and to make matters worse you actually believe youselves. pitiful!! stick to your videos and glamour, you want real music worthy of war? look to the past, the future is shallow and hopeless.

cake

2. Music   -   #2
    Poster
    Haha, very well said. Not all of us support the mainstream crap "music" though. Some of us like the older music more as well....BUT, that doesn't mean that *all* current mainstream music is bad. Alot of it is, but not all of it.

3. Music   -   #3
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Originally posted by cake@27 March 2004 - 23:36
    i just got into this forum and already i feel out of place. short and sweet, i know in my heart none of you know much of anything about music. no experience, no schooling, no travels to other cultures to learn about styles and tequniques. you complain about modern music with no expertise. unfortunately great music creations are over. the last era of quality was maybe the 90's. it's over now, never to return. you support the mainstream crap the industry calls music and you believe them. you are teeny bopping, computer geek , college / society failures with too much opinion, and to make matters worse you actually believe youselves. pitiful!! stick to your videos and glamour, you want real music worthy of war? look to the past, the future is shallow and hopeless.

cake
    Well, not bad for a first post. he he

You might want to take wee bit of a reality check tho,
    not all of us like "Mainstream" music as you so adequately put.

Some of us actually, play instruments, travel, take music a bit seriously, etc...

But Warm Welcome to You nevertheless.

Spoiler: Show

4. Music   -   #4
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    sounds like a angry soulseek forum person

5. Music   -   #5
    this just in: music snob heartbroken after discovering that there are just as many shitty independent/underground acts as there are shitty mainstream acts, jumps off of a tall building and creates abstract art all over the sidewalk.

edit: and why do trolls who act like everybody else's taste in music sucks almost always end up having bad taste, themselves? or else they just neglect to list anything they like, so people can't say "well, you don't have any room to talk. you like [shitty bands x, y, and z]."

6. Music   -   #6
    I can kinda see where Cakes coming from,but I wouldn't say all the stuff since the 90's has been crap.

This does seem to be a trend though.
    Example(Some people will say the group $3.50 (fictional I think) is the bomb even though all their albums except their debut album blows. :

I been finding some good tunes,it's sort of like rummage sale hunting.
    There's alot of crap out there,but you never know when you'll find a hidden gem if you look in the right places.

I have found newer bands that have been influenced by old bands like Pink Floyd,Genesis,Yes ect.

I'm not much on the radio scence (lots of garbage there),rather grab a 12 pack and listen to Netscape Radio or something.
    Discovered alot of good bands that way. B)
    "Specs"
    CPU:High,some say I'm a legend in My own mind.
    Update! Overclocked - Achieved Demi God statis.
    Ram:If she's ready, so am I.
    Hard drive:Ready for access,larger than average.
    Bus speed:Not as fast as My truck.

7. Music   -   #7
    Originally posted by Twigboy@28 March 2004 - 06:45
    I can kinda see where Cakes coming from,but I wouldn't say all the stuff since the 90's has been crap.

Example(Some people will say the group $3.50 (fictional I think) is the bomb even though all their albums except their debut album blows. :

I been finding some good tunes,it's sort of  like rummage sale hunting.
    There's alot of crap out there,but you never know when you'll find a hidden gem if you look in the right places.

I have found newer bands that have been influenced by old bands like Pink Floyd,Genesis,Yes ect.

I'm not much on the radio scence (lots of garbage there),rather grab a 12 pack and listen to Netscape Radio or something.

Well, Cake DID start a conversation. Yeah I agree w/ Twigboy and others, there is crap out there, it is like a rummage sale. So it feels good when we do find a jewel. I think that is one of the reasons we're here - to share the gems. Houston Tx radio is one of the most suck ass air waves in the country. So, I go to other sources, internet and others.
    As I'm writing this, I'm listening to Rammstein on MusicMatch radio - Rammstein- can you believe it! I'm an "older" person - so my music history goes waaaayyy back. I think as you get older, you will appreciate other cultures in music. I lovel, salsa, mambo, jazz, bangra (indian), middle eastern, bossa nova, etc. in addition to quite a bit of new stuff -
    So Cake - keeping seeking!

8. Music   -   #8
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by cake@27 March 2004 - 13:36
    you are teeny bopping, computer geek , college / society failures with too much opinion, and to make matters worse you actually believe youselves. pitiful!!
    Good evening to you too.

9. Music   -   #9
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    OK Cake hm how about you link us to where we all said we love teen pop mainstream

10. Music   -   #10
    Mr. Peabody's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Twigboy@28 March 2004 - 06:45

I been finding some good tunes,it's sort of like rummage sale hunting.

Hey Twigboy thanks for your 2cent let me ad 48 that'll give you 50 cent.
    You can add that to your $3.50 and it will give $4.00.
    $4.00 doesn't add up to shit now adays.
    Suffering from a wet dream, no it's just me I had to pee.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast