Thread: Rosetta Stone Spanish Help?

I've searched around trying to help myself, but failed. So here I am...

I downloaded the program Rosetta Stone I & II Spanish.

It was an iso file.

I burned it with Nero 6 Ultra using the "burn iso file".

"I'm not sure if this is right or not. I believe I have burned two iso files before and when inserting the CDs again, nothing happens. It does not boot anything like a normal program CD."

Anyway, I also mounted the iso file with virtual daemon. Nothing.

When I "explore" the iso file on the virtual drive, I see many, many folders.

There are also three files at the bottom with an extension "trs".
    In the first folder and others, there is one file with extension "swa".

I have no idea what to do.

I have used both nero and the virtual drive that usually have the usual "setup" files.

How do I use the ones I have?

Also, I tried to locate the Rosetta Stone language programs through search on Kasaa lite and didn't find them.

Anyone know why?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    enrico.piva
    I got the same problem. Did you find the solution?
    Enrico

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Try the following:

1. Insert the CDs (or mount them), Goto My Computer, Double click the CD icon and see if that starts the Autoplay window you normally see with other disks. (sometimes they just don't automaticly open)

2. Extract both of the ISO files' contents into two seperate folders. Browse the first one for a Setup exe file. Double click that and it should install it from the folder. If it asks for CD 2, copy the contents of your second CD's folder and paste them over your first CD's folder contents. The installer will continue as if you inserted the second disk.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    This post is in the...off chance...that you still can't get the program to work. The problem that you guys are having is that you only have one component of the program. Even after mounting the files, via. alcohol 120 or cd burning, you still don't have any software that can read the countless files you have, I think. What you are missing is the Rosetta Stone Install CD, an approximately 200mb file that you can download on torrent. This program is installed on your computer and once it is, you pop in the language cd and run the program. The install CD works for every language. Took me a while to figure it out but good luck.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Seems my program is running fine except it thinks there is no language CD, which begs the question re: the Language CD and if that was burned properly. So,
    What folders and files are supposed to be in the language CD?
    I ask this, amongst many reasons, because if I understand right, it appears as if the Language CD should contain a self-running [ 'auto-run' ]file in it which mine does not.

Thanks inn advance

Mich