Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kazaa Not Responding

its still happening i did what you said (and everything else you all have suggested) and it still does it.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    I've got same problem guys, kazaa lite 2.1.0b3 works but anthing above that ie 2.4.0+ doesnt at the moment im using klite26rb with no hastle, but i prefer using 2.4.3. ive tried deleting reg keys, clean installing, deleting the db folder but still nothing, for me the problem started after installing netpumper. I would be much grateful for any solutions

if anyone needs 2.6rb let me know I cant remember where i dl'ed but i can email it if need be

James

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    BANNED
    @grimykat if you deleted the reg keys your self, deleted any kazaa folder under program folder, deleted the db folder, deleted the shared folder (all of these after uninstall) then there should be nothing left on your pc about klite.

sounds like something else on your pc is having a conflict with klt k++.

you might want to remove all traces of netpumper or any thing else.

are you ok with registry?? maybe we can make sure that all the key are gone or are right

@ zaccc

after uninstall did you delete db folder?? save all files and then delete shared folder?? go to program files and then delete any kazaa folder?? make sure all the reg keys have been deleted??

if you need help with one of the problems above let me know

OH AND BOTH OF YOU PLEASE RUN ADAWARE OR BETTER YET SPY SWEEPER ALSO

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Muscleman, Thanks for the reply, I should of stated in my last post that I've already ran Ad-aware, and deleted all reg keys refering to netpumper that little Bastard.
    What I would like to know is what the diference is between kazaa lite 2.1.0b3 and 2.4.0+, it might help me in getting it working again, and does it use any VB runtimes or specific DLLs that might of been corrupted by netpumper
    again any help would be appreciated

James

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    well i tried everything you said (i had already run spybotS&D). i tried to install it again, and the weirdest thing happened when i opened it, first it froze like it has been, i restarted it, and it worked, unfortunatly i accidently closed it, after that i couldnt get it open again

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    jamess1561
    Hi
    Same problem for me - k lite was working fine until a few days ago, but now I start it, just the frame of k lite loads and it freezes (not responding). I've tried unistalling and reinstalling (with different versions) and ad-aware but to no avail. I haven't tried deleting registry stuff or db folder yet though, so I'll have a go at that but I don't really know what I'm doing - any help would be greatly appreciated. This is driving me nuts!

thanks,

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    BANNED
    @grimykat the biggest one i belive is 2.1.0 has the db folder under the program folder but the 2.4.x has the db folder under document and settings folder and it varies depending on your os. thats why i'm not so sure you have deleted your db folder, can you tell me where you found yours??

@zaccc, and jamess1561, one of you might have a problem with there firewall it sounds like can you both also tell me where you found your db folder??

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Muscleman my folders location is, C:\Documents and Settings\***\Application Data\Kazaa Lite\db, Ive tried deleting but nothing, this is so fustrating!

James

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Hmm, the same thing happened to me a few weeks back and i uninstalled everything and then installed K-Lite 2.6 instead. But u have to install the original as well.

You could install K-Lite first but then you'd have to make sure that the original KMD is on the desktop for K-Lite to detect it and then it installs KMD for u automatically which i thought was pretty cool. Then u don't have any of the crap u get with the original KMD like ads and stuff.

Hey, do u guys think that Sharman are cracking down somehow on people who are using unofficial Kazaa stuff? It certainly looks like it, with a lot of people, even me, having problems with K-Lite and other unofficial products. And all at the same time, everyone here's mentioning the same time range when they had problems (a few weeks back)...Just a thought

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    BANNED
    no its not sharman, seems like a windows update is doing it. lot of people i see had done a windows update then after a short while they can't connect somebody said they moved one of their updates and was able to connect again, check for update or if you have xp do an os repair. you can first bootup in safe mode by pressing F8 during bootup then choose to bootup in safe mode then when on your destop run only klite and see if it runs, if it does you got something interfering with klite

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast