Thread: Xp Home To Pro

Ok, I'm switching from Home to Pro, yet is there an easier way to save all my files, besides burning them all onto disks?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Retired
    make a second partition

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    try maknig a 2nd parition, or using a site like u send it it will send up to 1 gb or something worth of files to your e-mail, (but it only holds your files for 1 week)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    The easiest way would be to upgrade from home to pro. That way it keeps all your files and settings.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    shn : that sounds good, but will it get rid of all the random crashes in Home at the moment? I leave it alone for more than around an hour and a half (it varies though), and OPXPAPP or whatever the hell it is crashes, and i cant shut my computer down from the start menu (gotta do it manually = cant be all that great for the computer), and I lose internet access, and after another 5 minutes, the whole OS shits a brick and im left with just the background, because everything else is gone .

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by opivykid@28 March 2004 - 15:04
    shn : that sounds good, but will it get rid of all the random crashes in Home at the moment? I leave it alone for more than around an hour and a half (it varies though), and OPXPAPP or whatever the hell it is crashes, and i cant shut my computer down from the start menu (gotta do it manually = cant be all that great for the computer), and I lose internet access, and after another 5 minutes, the whole OS shits a brick and im left with just the background, because everything else is gone .
    It's the easiest and fastest way but I personally like a fresh install of xp pro.

You could always try that first and then if does not satisfy you then just do a fresh install.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    I would personnally just do a fresh install, unless you have some really important docs

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Ya, ill wait til i get my DVD burner, then ill be able to back everything up easier, then ill fress install.