Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corrupted Partial Download Files

Sup guys, I got the error message "Kazaa has reported an error and needs to close sorry for the inconvenience... Send/Dont send error report." I found the files that were causing a problem and they were halfway through the download. I deleted the .dat files thinking this would solve the problem and now the downloads aren't there. My question for all of you knowledgeable people is how can these corrupted files be fixed without having to delete the entire download? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    first back up your dat files for cases like this.

second try the dat repairer and see it works

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    hey thnx musleman

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    np boss

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    h1
    This might recur... just to be safe, empty out your DB folder, it can't do any harm.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    Originally posted by haxor41789@30 March 2004 - 02:40
    This might recur... just to be safe, empty out your DB folder, it can't do any harm.
    it will erase all his edit info

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    be carefull currupt partial downloads are usualy virus infected, check them first with a/v

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    BANNED
    lol no they are not any freez or anything can corrupt them, come to think of it i have never had a corrupt file that had a virus

i will say tho running your av never herts so its worth a shot

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    ok, ok... its gotten to the point where almost all the movies try to show an error! I tried to use the dat repairer (when kazaa is closed) and it tells me that none of the dats need repairing. I preview everything I download once it reaches the min requirement of 256 Kb and all of the files have come back sharp. Again, some of the files are very much past the halfway point of the download but still turn out corrupt... Is there no other way other than the dat repairer? Any techniques/tips that have worked for others? Thnx :helpsmile:

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    BANNED
    did you have a problem with the pc or some thing?? crash, freeze, power out, etc.??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast