Thread: Audio Trouble

I installed the full codec pack after being prompted when I first previewed a movie I was downloading. I left the download alone for awhile and came back to my computer after more had been downloaded to preview the file again. I was again prompted for the codecs. I installed the mega pack and decided to give the download more time. While I waited I opened Windows Media Player and went to play some songs. I clicked on a song and went to play, but when it said "Opening media", all the file names turned red with an exclaimation mark on the side. This went down the whole list until I hit stop and tried playing the file again. A pop up came on the screen saying I was using another sound device or something in a different program or that I needed to install DirectX 81. or higher. As far as I'm concerned, I can still hear sounds on programs like AIM and stuff, it's just when I go to play files it doesn't work.

Is DirectX the problem? If so, does anyone have a link to where I can download it from?

Thanks in advance.

2. File Sharing   -   #2

3. File Sharing   -   #3

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Thanks and thanks. I installed the newest DirectX and both things you posted haxor. For awhile it was working but it quit again. I uninstalled and reinstalled the mega codec pack, but it's still refusing to work.

More prompting for codecs for some odd reason. :helpsmile:

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    h1
    Download this, open up the file, and post what it says here.