Thread: Help With Me Bittorent

Rizindon's Avatar Poster
    ive got a 150k Connection in th UK normally it downloads at 20-30kbs but for the lats couple of says it wont got hihger than 5 and if it does it comes down again straight away an yeah i use bitornado ive upgraded last wekk and since then its been so slow

plz help

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    its not bittornado but the people your downloading fr which r slow and 150k isnt the fastest

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Rizindon's Avatar Poster
    then y is it normanlly going at bout 30kbs is a difference

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    try limiting your upload speed to 75% of your max upload speed.
    max speed is calculated by taking your rated speed and dividing by 8, ie your max download speed is actually 150/8 = 18.5 KB, its really unlikely that you were ever in reality getting above 20KB/s and never 30KB/s, its more likely a program was misreporting the speeds or doing something else wrong. I'm guessing your upload speed is rated at about 64kb? if so on bittornado set the upload speed to around 5K. If you have multiple instances of bittornado you'll have to split this 5 or 6K between the instances OR you could try a different client like azureus or torrentstorm which will allow you to set your total max upload speed.

Also check if your download 'health' is good, if you've got a green 'light' or green status LED then thats fine. If its yellow you are either firewalled or have a router, if thats the case read some of the topics in this section.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    i had a problem here in the USA with the very newest version of shadows client. It would crash my pc, or it would just kill my net connection. i have cable. so i use the last version 5.8.11

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    n00b
    Im also in need of an explanation to this torrent thing!
    <span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-familyptima'>1337 H4xx0r in Training</span></span></span>
    <span style='color:green'><span style='font-familyptima'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I pwn j00&#33;</span></span></span>

7. BitTorrent   -   #7