Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Problem With Mobo Or Video Card

  1. #1
    cant start up need for speed under gound or bf 1942 or ut2k3
    screen just flickers then goes back to desktop

    tried video card at my friends house on his mobo and it works just fine
    my mobo is a

    865PE Neo2
    with the 865PE chipset

    i am running a P4 2.4
    with about a gig of ram

    the video card is a geforce 4 4800ti se with 128ddr

    any help would be great

    thanks

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    McrslV's Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    who me?
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,650
    try updating drivers, or maybe your PSU is failing (if the card is powered)

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by McrslV@28 March 2004 - 21:55
    try updating drivers, or maybe your PSU is failing (if the card is powered)
    all drivers are up to date and it dosent use the psu that way

    any other ideas?

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    McrslV's Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    who me?
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,650
    also, you should check to see if your direct X drivers are messed up by going to START - RUN - type "dxdiag" (without the quotes) and check for problems there. the display tab will tell you about your vid card. check to see if the driver is ok. if the "appx total memory" says "n/a" then you have a driver conflict

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,497
    Where did you get those games from. Have they been tested on other machines? It may be a problem with those games and not the computer.

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by McrslV@28 March 2004 - 21:59
    also, you should check to see if your direct X drivers are messed up by going to START - RUN - type "dxdiag" (without the quotes) and check for problems there. the display tab will tell you about your vid card. check to see if the driver is ok. if the "appx total memory" says "n/a" then you have a driver conflict
    when i open dxdiag it said that there was a poblem accessing the directinput
    other than that is fine

    what is directinput?

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@28 March 2004 - 21:59
    Where did you get those games from. Have they been tested on other machines? It may be a problem with those games and not the computer.
    no the games work fine on other comp's

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    McrslV's Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    who me?
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,650
    direct input is your mouse, keyboard, shit that is plugged in like that

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    McrslV's Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    who me?
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,650
    what did dxdiag say about your vid memory?

  10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by McrslV@28 March 2004 - 22:09
    what did dxdiag say about your vid memory?
    said it was 128

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •