Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nero Is A Zero!

hi all,

this is my first time posting so please have some mercy. I have Nero version 5.5.10.7. It works, but not well. I am using w2k pro and for some reason i can't get my cds to burn right, audio, video, images anything! I was using wXP before it decided to become useless. At that time i was using a Japanese cd burning software called B's recorder and it worked without any problem. Now, if i try to burn a cd it takes forever (the maxspeed i get is 16x) and there are always problems. BTW my cd burner is a NEC CD-RW NR-9200A. any help will be appreciated.

Also, and i know this is gonna sund stupid how do I use Cd-rws for documents and stuff?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I fink if u want your CD's to write faster then u need a better CD writer and sum CD's that are compatible with a faster CD writer!!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    L L

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Do I detect a hint of spamming in the air??

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Some Cd writers only support the burning software that came included with the bundle.
    That doesn't seem to be your case since you say Nero works.
    Are you getting buffer underrun errors? If so, try burning at a lower speed.

About the CD-RW issue, if you use DirectCD you can use the CDs as if they were floppy disks (copy/paste files, drag-and-drop files, rename files and folders...).

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Nothing to do with the thread. DataMore thanks for bringing Anna back. I missed her.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by andrewpoy@10 March 2003 - 18:44
    hi all,

this is my first time posting so please have some mercy. I have Nero version 5.5.10.7. It works, but not well. I am using w2k pro and for some reason i can't get my cds to burn right, audio, video, images anything! I was using wXP before it decided to become useless. At that time i was using a Japanese cd burning software called B's recorder and it worked without any problem. Now, if i try to burn a cd it takes forever (the maxspeed i get is 16x) and there are always problems. BTW my cd burner is a NEC CD-RW NR-9200A. any help will be appreciated.

Also, and i know this is gonna sund stupid how do I use Cd-rws for documents and stuff?
    I have Nero also with Xp and it will burn an audio cd in about 3 min. I also made an svcd (first timer for video) and it processed in about 2 hrs for 700mgs at a good res.

If you have a image drive or other brands of burners on your sys. they will sometimes affect the processing. try Nero without the other cd soft installed. I think you will like Nero, by far the easiest.....

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    thanx for some of those suggestions guys, but the only cd software i'm running is Nero. AlsoAthe speed of my CD-R is 48x max. When i had windows XP and the Japanese burning software i could burn a whole data cd (usually avi files) in under 30 minutes...what happened?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Not to sound silly, but did you use the cd speed app with nero, to test your drive, also what cds are you using?

Pardon, if I sound sarcastic, but I am using the same thing,, there is an update on the nero site, try to reload the updated version, and let me know.

I hope some of this helps.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by WebCheF@11 March 2003 - 04:38
    Not to sound silly, but did you use the cd speed app with nero, to test your drive, also what cds are you using?

Pardon, if I sound sarcastic, but I am using the same thing,, there is an update on the nero site, try to reload the updated version, and let me know.

I hope some of this helps.
    thanx chef,

i'll try that. also where can i get that directCD thing i've only been able to find updates. Thanx again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast