Thread: Bullshit Or Not

muchspl2
    more here http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/01/technolo...print&position=
    Google to offer gigabyte of free e-mail
    Posted by malebolgia on 01 Apr 2004 - 04:24 CET

The company, based in Mountain View, Calif., on Wednesday will launch a test with about 1,000 invited guests to try out a new e-mail service called "Gmail." Google, which made its name in search but has added numerous services, such as a news aggregation page and a newsgroup interface, says that Gmail is search-based e-mail. Like Yahoo Mail and MSN Hotmail, Gmail will let users search through their e-mail. Unlike those competitors, though, Google will offer enough storage so that the average e-mail account holder will never have to delete messages.

Hotmail currently offers 2MB of free e-mail storage. Yahoo offers 4MB. Gmail will dwarf those offerings with a 1GB storage limit. Google plans to make money from the service by inserting advertisements into messages based in part on their content, effectively extending its AdWords program for presenting contextual ads in Web pages to e-mail. "The idea is that your mail can stay in there forever," said Wayne Rosing, vice president of engineering at Google. "You can always index it, always search it, and always find things from the past."

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Poster
    Ads in mail? I'll stick with my 2mb hotmail account.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Hmmm... April fool?

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    muchspl2
    looks like it was

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    BANNED
    lol i wish i saw this lol i posted about it too

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Nope - This was true. Source

To put it in short - Google made an announcement about their upcoming news service, Gmail, earlier today. However, in the same announcement they mention their new lunar facility and that they are accepting applications. There's a number of mistakes with this announcement - The first was putting in an April Fool's joke in the same announcement as an actual business model. The second was announcing an actual new initiative on April the 1st - How stupid can you get?

Anyone who wants to read about their "new lunar facility", check your local Google site and click on the new link below the search box

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    blank BT Rep: +1
    In reply to Google's new announcement, Bill Gates decided on the spot of the moment to make a new service too....

[/QUOTE]When asked why any user would need 1 terabyte of storage, Microsoft's Chief Software Architect Bill Gates said "It's 1000 times more than Google. That's why."[QUOTE]
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by hungrylilboy@1 April 2004 - 21:25
    In reply to Google's new announcement, Bill Gates decided on the spot of the moment to make a new service too....

When asked why any user would need 1 terabyte of storage, Microsoft's Chief Software Architect Bill Gates said "It's 1000 times more than Google. That's why." did he really say that??

lol, wut a loner

Hail Microsoft! nazi

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    blank BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by TheCanuk+2 April 2004 - 00:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheCanuk @ 2 April 2004 - 00:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hungrylilboy@1 April 2004 - 21:25
    In reply to Google&#39;s new announcement, Bill Gates decided on the spot of the moment to make a new service too....

When asked why any user would need 1 terabyte of storage, Microsoft&#39;s Chief Software Architect Bill Gates said "It&#39;s 1000 times more than Google. That&#39;s why."did he really say that??

lol, wut a loner

Hail Microsoft&#33; nazi [/b][/quote]
    yep he really did say that according to the press release
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.