Thread: You Still Must Know This Man

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    :-"

Perhaps
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Originally posted by sara5564@1 April 2004 - 20:56
    Why were the teachings of such a great man interpreted to result in the oppression of women?

Why are the teachings of such a great man interpreted by extremists to mean death to those who do not follow him?

Why have the teachings of such a great man been interpreted to mean that suicide bombers believe that they are going to heaven to consort with a multitude of virgins?

Why have the teachings of such a great man led to so much baying for blood?

Why have the teachings of such a gerat man been adulterated by those seeking personal power, glory and martydom?

His teachings it seems have been appropriated by the bad guys to justify any act of atrocity....I feel saddened for those who follow the teachings of this great man with dignity and faith.. whilst their extremist bretheren grow in numbers and we all live in fear...that great man must be turning in his grave.
    Very well spoken.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Samurai+2 April 2004 - 20:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Samurai @ 2 April 2004 - 20:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sara5564@1 April 2004 - 20:56
    Why were the teachings of such a great man interpreted to result in the oppression of women?

Why are the teachings of such a great man interpreted by extremists to mean death to those who do not follow him?

Why have the teachings of such a great man been interpreted to mean that suicide bombers believe that they are going to heaven to consort with a multitude of virgins?

Why have the teachings of such a gerat man been adulterated by those seeking personal power, glory and martydom?

His teachings it seems have been appropriated by the bad guys to justify any act of atrocity....I feel saddened for those who follow the teachings of this great man with dignity and faith.. whilst their extremist bretheren grow in numbers and we all live in fear...that great man must be turning in his grave.
    Very well spoken. [/b][/quote]
    Agreed.

Excellent summation, Sara.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by sara5564@1 April 2004 - 22:56

Just another - Excellent post, post.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    It would seem, given the delay, that the answers to Sara&#39;s questions, are going to particularly profound.

I&#39;m off to see if they have any anti-sarcasm pills at the chemists.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Originally posted by ilw@2 April 2004 - 00:08
    Don&#39;t you get the vague feeling he already has...
    If you are refering to me...she is prepared to debate and discuss but will not place herself in any particular corner.....

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    If you are refering to me...
    i was talking about peace in response to biggles suggestion that perhaps he might like to embrace Islam.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Originally posted by ilw@3 April 2004 - 19:46
    If you are refering to me...
    i was talking about peace in response to biggles suggestion that perhaps he might like to embrace Islam.
    Was certainly my understandng of ilw&#39;s response.

Although your views would, nevertheless, be interesting to an old cynic like me.

I suspect Peace&#39;s piece was lifted straight from a "use this to proslytise" and he/she may struggle to answer your questions.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by sara5564@1 April 2004 - 22:56

A bit late to come in due to the fact that I rarely like to get involved in discussions about religion, but Agreed.

But is anyone else seeing a similarity between this and...

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Illuminati

Oh yes indeedy&#33;

As I believe I said in another thread on religion, the sales pitch is the same it is just the religions that vary.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast