Thread: Killdisk

i got xp, well had it. now im on 2k (temporary) how do i format with kill disk? 98 startupdisk dont work, the xp ms-dos thing dont work, neither does the trial setup. how do i get it to work. i guess my system dont boot fm floppy. n del aint there so cant go to BIOS. wat shuld i do?

edit: more detail

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    ok just tell me how to access BIOS? pressin del while booting dont work. ne oher way?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Its either f6 f8 f12 f9 i cant remember i always press all of them
    one of them is correct (during start up)

apologies for lame reply but it works for me

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    hitting the DEL key at the right moment should work, on some systems it is F2, or F10 on some compaqs, you could also try F12. On some older computers I just used to put my whole hand on the keyboard pressing as many keys as I could and then turned on the computer, it would error out on the keyboard and tell me if I wanted to enter setup. Hope this helps. As far as the format thing, just put a bootable windows xp cd in and us the setup to format your drive. You could delete the partitions first. Remember when you delete partitions or format, you data will be gone too.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by winXPHE@29 March 2004 - 20:17
    i got xp, well had it. now im on 2k (temporary) how do i format with kill disk? 98 startupdisk dont work, the xp ms-dos thing dont work, neither does the trial setup. how do i get it to work. i guess my system dont boot fm floppy. n del aint there so cant go to BIOS. wat shuld i do?

edit: more detail
    so ur saying that ur comp doesn't detect any floppies when it first boots and skips right to win2000?

wat's ur mobo brand and perhaps ur bios/cmos brand as well?
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all