Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where Can I Find Free Hosting?

Poster
    Originally posted by TRshady@30 March 2004 - 10:16
    No problem ... good luck with it.

I was gonna say sign up at the RileysResource forum if you need any help, but ive de-adminned and banned myself so I dont spend so much bloody time there so that'll be pointless.
    I'm already a member anyway.

Is there any chance I can get FTP acess to the j4y3m folder so I can upload a skin or two or can you do that for me?

Also what is the TOS of your host because I don't want any members breaking any rules.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #22
    TRshady
    Well the host your forum is on ... well, as long as nothing is too illegal you should be fine. Discussing p2p is fine for example, but no warez links, full nudity etc .. the obvious no no's.

As for ftp:

ftp: ftp.trshady.com
    username: [email protected]
    password: same as forum

local path, leave blank

Tell me if ya get any probz

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by TRshady@30 March 2004 - 10:32
    Well the host your forum is on ... well, as long as nothing is too illegal you should be fine. Discussing p2p is fine for example, but no warez links, full nudity etc .. the obvious no no's.

As for ftp:

ftp: ftp.trshady.com
    username: [email protected]
    password: same as forum

local path, leave blank

Tell me if ya get any probz
    Okay no problem. Thanks again man.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by TRshady@30 March 2004 - 09:23
    I could host a forum for you if wanted. Only thing I would like you to do in return is place a link to my site in the header bar ... and to promise to click one google ad a day on my site.
    I can't find a google ad. Would you prefer the header link to go to rileysresource or trshady?

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #25
    TRshady
    Yeah mate .. dont worry about the google ads ... just meant add a little link to RileysResource on the forum header. You'll find it in board wrapper, global elements and ... under header, logo links etc. Though no rush ... get the forum secitons and everything else done first.

edit: ... lol, I read it wrong .. google ads are in yellow at top of RileysResource .. if ya cant see 'em .. must be because you using norton .. so dont worry. Oh, and the link to RileysResource please

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #26
    Poster
    Originally posted by TRshady@30 March 2004 - 11:07
    Yeah mate .. dont worry about the google ads ... just meant add a little link to RileysResource on the forum header. You'll find it in board wrapper, global elements and ... under header, logo links etc. Though no rush ... get the forum secitons and everything else done first.

edit: ... lol, I read it wrong .. google ads are in yellow at top of RileysResource .. if ya cant see 'em .. must be because you using norton .. so dont worry. Oh, and the link to RileysResource please
    My hosts are blocking them so I'll just turn my hosts off once day to click it.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #27
    h1
    TRshady, why are you running the server as root?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123