Thread: Install A Search Engine

Hey guys, long time since I have been here, anyways I need some advice on exactly how to get a site search up and running. My host provdes a couple of php auto install scripts but they both have too much add from the provider in them, making it look corny and unprofessional. I just want a standard web search box, more customizable results output is the better, and a log would be good aswell.

Coding it myself is a little beyond me obviously but f someone has a good link on how to do it that would be great, or a free one that can just be installed. I found alot of free ones for small sites, 50 pages or less but I need more than that.

Thanks

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    TRshady
    do I net search for a script called i-search ... works quite well and has admin cpanel to change all settings. I found site search scripts to be more hassle then there worth though ...

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Originally posted by TRshady@29 March 2004 - 14:51
    do I net search for a script called i-search ... works quite well and has admin cpanel to change all settings. I found site search scripts to be more hassle then there worth though ...
    Thanks, quick glance over it looks like what I need, I'll give it a go.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    h1
    Try a JavaScript search engine... I can't remember any names ATM.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    TRshady
    Surely php/mysql would be better thought right?
    Try to avoid JS if possible when im working ... mainly because at least with php scripts I have a slight idea on how its gonna turn out

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    h1
    The name of the software is Atrise Everyfind.