Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Soulseek Guide

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bendit
    I recently switch from limewire to soulseek and I lvoe how can find rare FULL albums at good quality!
    well first read the guide ...then Join the FileSharingTalk.com Room, add all the names there to your friends list, including mine...and then start searching ....
    Last edited by thewizeard; 08-03-2006 at 04:12 AM.

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #42
    Another advocate of soulseek, I've recently switched from DC++ when the private hubs I used ceased to exist! Being able to see the bitrate of the mp3s has to be one of the biggest advantages (over DC++ anyway), couldn't live without it now.

The one problem with it has to be the lack of multiple sources, generally all the best rips (i.e. release group material) tend be well organized by only few users so you end up being in massive queues...so a little patience can be required :/

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #43
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Yeah i heard soulseek is best to find bassline and stuff.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #44
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I started using slsk a few weeks ago, and I love it. Good to know that there's a Filsharingtalk.com room. ^.^

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #45
    the hip-hop king
    i cant find the room man!! someone help please... sorry im a newbie!

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #46

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by rocamike View Post
    i cant find the room man!! someone help please... sorry im a newbie!

If you are still looking....then check the rooms ( bottom right) then right click and click, Refresh Room List, also at the bottom, then wait a while as the list refreshes, then scroll down to FileSharingTalk.com, room...click join(at the top of the menu)...Voila!

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #48
    Breaking News....for those interested FuNkY CaPrIcOrN is now in the FileSharingTalk.com room...and beer is being served ! a 6 pack Colt, I believe.....

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #49
    mildthrill's Avatar kermit the thief
    Quote Originally Posted by digmen1 View Post

Do they mean every song on an album in a separate file ? or the whole album in one file ?
    Not sure exactly what you mean here but from a religious soulseek user, keeping all the albums tracks in it's own album folder works best.

Example: I have a folder named 'beatles - Abbey Road' and inside is each individual mp3 from that album and nothing more.

The reason for doing it this way is that you can right-click on a file, and it gives you the option of 'downloading the containing folder,' essentially downloading the whole album.

It's a pain in the butt when trying the above mentioned technique for queuing up an album, and then getting a bunch of singles all lumped into a random folder, sometimes thousands!

I hope that cleared it up a little.

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #50
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by mildthrill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by digmen1 View Post

Do they mean every song on an album in a separate file ? or the whole album in one file ?
    Not sure exactly what you mean here but from a religious soulseek user, keeping all the albums tracks in it's own album folder works best.

Example: I have a folder named 'beatles - Abbey Road' and inside is each individual mp3 from that album and nothing more.

The reason for doing it this way is that you can right-click on a file, and it gives you the option of 'downloading the containing folder,' essentially downloading the whole album.

It's a pain in the butt when trying the above mentioned technique for queuing up an album, and then getting a bunch of singles all lumped into a random folder, sometimes thousands!

I hope that cleared it up a little.
    You should certainly join us in the SS room. Just be sure to intro yourself and remind us to add you to our lists.

yo

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast