Thread: Huge Hard Drive Problem

messed up my harddrive when trying to recover my hp a320n... so i called up hp and they said to format then try the recovery again.. so i poped her out and put it in my other computer as a slave and formatted it.. now it is saying it has only 31 gigs when is should be around 120
    how do i get the other 90 gigs back and my harddrive to factory defaults?
    :helpsmile:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    try auto detecting it again in cmos and see if that clears it up. if not try manually entering the size.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    did you put the slave/ master pin back to master

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    @ 4play... in bios it still reconizes it as 30 some gigs and does not give you the option to manually put in the size...
    @ delphin... its still a slave in the other computer, i'll put ti back in the one it came from and see if it reconizes 120 gigs

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by scottwile@30 March 2004 - 01:37
    @ 4play... in bios it still reconizes it as 30 some gigs and does not give you the option to manually put in the size...
    @ delphin... its still a slave in the other computer, i'll put ti back in the one it came from and see if it reconizes 120 gigs
    The problem is with the comp's bios - it obviously does not recognise drives above 32GB (a known limitation with some pc's).

You could try looking for a bios update which may solve that problem, or use a WinME boot disk (or aWin2K or XP disk) on your original computer.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    i had it in my old computer so i took it back to my good one and it read 120 gigs, problem solved
    thanks boys

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I have accidently made it so my 20 hdd and my 80 gig were both slave. And would register it as being almost a 50 gig hdd.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.