Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Matrix Rip-off?

The movie is gonna be pure shit.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Manny Roscoe@31 March 2004 - 00:25
    The movie is gonna be pure shit.
    In keeping with the whole sci-fi genre then.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Poster
    Tha fuck, that movie looks good, but you gotta admit they are trying to make it feel like the matrix, for one, when the trailer starts the phone ring is the same as the one in the matrix, as the trailer continues the music they use is the one in the NEO VRS smith fight at the end of revolutions...

They are trying to get into peoples mind, how cheap.

IM watching the movie anyways...

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Cygnuz-Y@31 March 2004 - 00:55
    Tha fuck, that movie looks good, but you gotta admit they are trying to make it feel like the matrix, for one, when the trailer starts the phone ring is the same as the one in the matrix, as the trailer continues the music they use is the one in the NEO VRS smith fight at the end of revolutions...

IM watching the movie anyways...
    I wonder if it would be terribley upsetting for the matrix fan-boys if this film turned out to be better than The Matrix?

Mind you, I always found Isaac Asimov's books very boring.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by Withcheese+31 March 2004 - 02:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 31 March 2004 - 02:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Cygnuz&#045;Y@31 March 2004 - 00:55

IM watching the movie anyways...&nbsp;
    I wonder if it would be terribley upsetting for the matrix fan-boys if this film turned out to be better than The Matrix?

Mind you, I always found Isaac Asimov&#39;s books very boring. [/b][/quote]
    I know that movie wont be better than The matrix, i mean "will smith", who are they trying to trick...

Maybe the whole Robot idea was a rip off of that assimov guy but i saw in the trailer a few "matrix like stunts", everyone movie uses those stunts now, its said that a movie that uses those "techniques" get 40% more box office...

So I robot will be a rip off of the matrix anyways

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Don&#39;t really follow your argument there, if they use the same "stunts" style they are ripping off.

Matrix borrowed it&#39;s fight scenes heavily from the kung-fu genre and using slow motion in action scenes was borrowed from anime. They just figured out how to do it irl.

And Will Smith, wasn&#39;t he the guy they originally approached to be <s>Neil</s> Neo?

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Poster
    Don&#39;t really follow your argument there, if they use the same "stunts" style they are ripping off.

Matrix borrowed it&#39;s fight scenes heavily from the kung-fu genre and using slow motion in action scenes was borrowed from anime. They just figured out how to do it irl.&nbsp;

And Will Smith, wasn&#39;t he the guy they originally approached to be Neil Neo?

You are right, but anime and real movies are different, they manage to do it right as you said, and you can say almost every movie uses those techniques since The matrix in 1999, and about will smith, he "WAS" going to...

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Cygnuz&#045;Y@31 March 2004 - 02:08

Matrix borrowed it&#39;s fight scenes heavily from the kung-fu genre and using slow motion in action scenes was borrowed from anime. They just figured out how to do it irl.

And Will Smith, wasn&#39;t he the guy they originally approached to be Neil Neo?

You are right, but anime and real movies are different, they manage to do it right as you said, and you can say almost every movie uses those techniques since The matrix in 1999, and about will smith, he "WAS" going to...
    That must have been some casting session:

Wac Brother#1: "Who shall we get to play Neo?

Wac Brother#2: "How about Will Smith?"

Wac Brother#1: "Are you smoking crack again?

Wac Brother#2: "Yes."

Wac Brother#1: "Give me some."

Few tokes later.

Wac Brother#1: "Hey man, I got a great idea&#33; How about that guy from Bill & Ted&#39;s....

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by Withcheese+31 March 2004 - 03:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 31 March 2004 - 03:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Cygnuz&#045;Y@31 March 2004 - 02:08

That must have been some casting session:

Wac Brother#1: "Who shall we get to play Neo?

Wac Brother#2: "How about Will Smith?"

Wac Brother#1: "Are you smoking crack again?

Wac Brother#2: "Yes."

Wac Brother#1: "Give me some."

Few tokes later.

Wac Brother#1: "Hey man, I got a great idea&#33; How about that guy from Bill & Ted&#39;s.... [/b][/quote]
    HAHAHAH

You are right mate...

ANd it all did turn out well....

10. Movies & TV   -   #20

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast