Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Batman Begins

Me personally I can't friggin wait..and speaking as a Brit Im so pleased that its a predominately British/European cast..I just think that if Christopher Nolan wants a darker flick (as opposed to Joel Schumachers 'hey im a little gay..im gonna make this camp as hell' last two bat flicks)..he has done the right thing with casting Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Cillian Murphy, Rutger Hauer...its the acting skills involved...us brits can just do darker/moodier better (ok so Michael Keaton was f***in' good...but Val Kilmer & George Clooney?!?! ).

Hoping that Rutger Hauer gets a good role in this movie, great actor (blade runner, the hitcher) who has made a lot of shit in the past few years..heres hoping that this movie gives him some bigger roles.

Heres a link for the site with the new Bat logo (but thats about it)..

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/
    I got Booted from Xbox Scene Forum...Proud??...You Betcha!!

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    just read the tiny bit of info at imdb http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0372784/
    sounds like a good provisional cast: morgan freeman, michael caine, gary oldman, Liam neeson????. Dunno about the director, i didn't particularly like memento and haven't seen the other films. IMDB doesn't say what rating they're aiming for, anything less than a 15 and frankly i'll probably pass. I'm sure it will be darker than the last few (frankly it couldn't be any lighter, shitter or more camp than the last ones), but probably not dark enough imo.

After the last batman films, my expectations are pretty low...

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    isn't Christian Bale the guy from equilibrium? he's too short and thin to be batman. wtf

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    As long as its dark, stylish and with no cheesy bits, ill be very happy and pay my money for it.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@30 March 2004 - 15:46
    isn't Christian Bale the guy from equilibrium? he's too short and thin to be batman. wtf
    Hey cmon Abu....Michael Keaton was built like a brick-shithouse after all wasn't he??? Keaton was slim and so was Val Kilmer...that body suit they stick em in adds all the build....i think!!

Also just noticed...I forgot about Liam Neeson and Gary Oldman to add to the 90% all Brit cast...the rest of the casting is damn fine as well...Morgan Freeman,Ken Watanabe....i think this movie cannot fail, and rid us of those terrible Schumacher memories!!
    I got Booted from Xbox Scene Forum...Proud??...You Betcha!!

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@30 March 2004 - 14:46
    wtf? he looked so muscular in american psycho

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    christian bale kicks arse man equilibrium was better than reloaded IMO. He fitted well too with the cast in equibirium, even though in shaft he looked kinda scrawny.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    I still want an SE of Equilibrium....damn Buna Vista.....

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Debaser
    Ok I haven't been following this too closely but why isn't Halley Berry listed on the credits? Thought she was a piss poor choice for Catwoman to begin with but why isn't she on there. And wtf? Scarecrow? That's the new Batman Villian for this time around? You gotta be kidding.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    i hoped they switched halle berry out. Really bad choice IMo to use her.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast