Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Type Of Cell Phone Do You Have?

- Nightmare -'s Avatar Arch-angel
    I have a Nokia 5190.

It is time...

...for the end to be stopped.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    The best one there is... None.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Originally posted by j4y3m@30 March 2004 - 21:29
    almost: Mine's completely free - now. I can only use it to dial 911 but at least its free. Also, it has 3 games and a clock in it, plus everybody's phone numbers so I can call them form a pay phone using my AT&T/Sam'sClub calling card for 3.47cents/minute - even where there's no cell phone service (like anyplace in western Wyoming, for example)

OK - I kept the phone after cancelling service with my provider who failed to provide adequate reception coverage AT MY HOME ADDRESS LISTED ON THE CONTRACT. Since they were in breach of contract, I talked them out of $438 dollars which was the two $175 early termination fees on two phones, plus a month's or so service. I wanted to use the so-called free minutes for long distance calling, but it sucks when you can use the phone anywhere in town EXCEPT at your home address - just slightly down the wrong side of a small hill from the nearest cell repeater. By the way, NONE of the minutes are free at $50-60 per month. And talking them out of the disconnect fees was harder than pulling teeth on a hen.

I carry it on long walks in case I fall (break a leg) and can't get up. 911 sure would be handy in that situation and the FCC requires the cell services to give free 911 service for emergencies. Fortunately, reception is good as soon as I leave my own yard.
    Dare to think for yourself.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Colly@30 March 2004 - 22:47
    almost: Mine's completely free. I can only use it to dial 911 but at least its free.
    Ever tried it?

I bet you get charged

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Mathea's Avatar The Blonde Alibi BT Rep: +5
    Originally posted by kAb@31 March 2004 - 05:48
    I bet you get charged
    No, you get arrested (if there isnt really an emergency)

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Originally posted by kAb+30 March 2004 - 21:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kAb @ 30 March 2004 - 21:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Colly@30 March 2004 - 22:47
    almost:&nbsp; Mine&#39;s completely free.&nbsp; I can only use it to dial 911 but at least its free.
    Ever tried it?

I bet you get charged [/b][/quote]
    once - and no, we didn&#39;t get charged for the call because there&#39;s no account to bill it to. The FCC requires the 911 connection to be put through by the phone companies. It was to report a wreck on the freeway and the 911 operator said someone else had also called it in, thanked me, and hung up (after confirming that I was not a participant in the accident.)

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Originally posted by Mathea+30 March 2004 - 21:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mathea @ 30 March 2004 - 21:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kAb@31 March 2004 - 05:48
    I bet you get charged&nbsp;
    No, you get arrested (if there isnt really an emergency) [/b][/quote]
    I think disabled, immobilized pedestrian in need of an ambulance would qualify. But since I watch where I put my feet, I&#39;d be more likely to need it to call in a car accident I maybe just witnessed that involved personal injury sufficient to justify emergency medical services. The one time I just sprained my ankle, I managed to walk all the way home well before it started hurting or swelling. I wouldn&#39;t have called for that because they&#39;d probably have billed me &#036;250 for the ambulance run.

I now walk two miles, but my wife knows exactly what route and how long it takes me. If I&#39;m more than 15 minutes late, she&#39;d just get the car and come looking for me. Come to think ofit though, for a 1 mile range, maybe I oughta just carry one of the Motorola FRS radios that we have (except for that damned hill I already mentioned - they only work well for line of sight, not when you have a hilltop between you.) A 5-watt CB walkie would do it though. I used to have one long ago, but wouldn&#39;t want to lug that thing on a walk. It ran on 15 AA batteries.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Retired
    Samsung E710
    I have the dark blue version

9. Lounge   -   #9
    brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by j4y3m@31 March 2004 - 05:29
    agreed........ I worked for a mobile phone company for 3 years and still never sold my soul the devil
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

10. Lounge   -   #10
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Samsung E700

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast