Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bigger Than 700mb Writable Cd's

Hi, im from the uk and, having looked in virtually every pc store in the country, i still cannot find writable cd's of 800mb size, we only seem to have 700mb. is it possible to get bigger cd's than 700mb? If so can u tell me where from cos i have many films of about 720mb, am running out of space on my harddrive, and dont want to have to split them into two to put them onto cd if i dont have to!

Cheers guys

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    You should be able to burn your movies on 700 MB ones fine.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    yes i've burned 750mb before and I think even 780mb mpg's on 700mb disk

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Originally posted by accat13@11 March 2003 - 08:05
    yes i've burned 750mb before and I think even 780mb mpg's on 700mb disk
    Well but u've burned a vcd, and i think this guy want's to burn avi's on a cd so, that doesn't really solve his problem... also u can brun about 799 mb of mpeg-movie on one 700 mb cd, if burned as vcd...

But here in the netherlands u can just buy 800 and even 900 mb cd's in stores... Maybe u've been searching to much on the internet and instead u should try going to a shop where they sell this type of stuff....

cya B)

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Sjreer:Well but u've burned a vcd, and i think this guy want's to burn avi's on a cd so, that doesn't really solve his problem... also u can brun about 799 mb of mpeg-movie on one 700 mb cd, if burned as vcd...
    Kinda tired its 2.41 am here in Canada.I usually don,t burn avi files. I keep them in my shared folder to upload. I've heard about 800mb cd and 900 mb cd but haven't seen any here. Maybe its time for a new hardrive .They are getting cheaper .I just upgraded from 15 to 60 gig what a change.Don,t even use the 15 ,keep it as a backup..

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    I’m having the same problem as -=M3th0d=-.
    the most I can burn is 719mb any more and it just spits out the CD and says there not enough room on it.
    I’m using Easy CD at the moment any suggestions??

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Software like Nero will allow you to overburn to a certain degree, squeezing more onto your CD. Most AVI's are specifically produced to absolutely maximise the space available on a 700Mb CD, so try Nero (or similar), and you'll probably find you're fine!

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Poster
    anyone overburned a vcd before ?

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    I've tried to overburn with Nero without too much luck...it offers you the facility to increase the minutes but not the MB.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    @Sjreer

But here in the netherlands u can just buy 800 and even 900 mb cd's in stores... Maybe u've been searching to much on the internet and instead u should try going to a shop where they sell this type of stuff....
    No, its the other way round - ive looked in all the shops, but dont really know where to look online. If u could point me to websites of the shops you find them in netherlands i would be most grateful .

Same to anyone else - if you know websites gimme gimme gimme!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast