Thread: Kinda Important Question

Ok, I'm doing my course selection at school really soon, and i can either pick C++, or Java (unless i get shafted and have to take a math psat prep course, which would suck, yet in all reality, i need it, but whatever, it really wouldnt help my cause anyways). So which one would I be better off learning?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    c++ more universal, and it is a lot morep owerful. you can learn java a lot easier, i'd take c++

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Cool, I was thinking C++, but the teacher told me Java was more current, but whatever.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Do both! Make your base with C++ and then do java...
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    sounds good .

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    h1
    Java
    Pros: easy, durable, new delivery language for the AP computer science course.
    Cons: bloated, time-consuming, inflexible.

C++
    Pros: Industry-standard, powerful, lightweight.
    Cons: Difficult.

You choose.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Well, Java is based upon the framework and structure of C++. I have learnt C++ and as long as you take it one step at a time, it&#39;s easy.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED
    go for c++ man, as I said before it is harder to learn and therefore worth taking a course on, java you can learn @ home or later

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    who says c++ is harder to learn? All of u are migrators from c++ to java who learned java quickly coz C++ base was already there.

Like any other programming language both take their own sweet time if you are starting from scratch.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>