Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Internet Provider Says Stop Uploading!

Poster
    Originally posted by DB133@13 March 2003 - 15:59
    I think most points have been covered in the postings but wanted to add one more. Unfortunally, I received my second Email from attbi ( Comcast ) for uploading a movie. The first was 6 months ago. At that time the ticket number was ~ 75,000 and now it is ~175,000. That means they have sent 100,000 Emails in the last 6 months ! My question is why is so little being said about this ?

Obviously, I won't be uploading any movies. -_-
    i can't see 175,000 ppl being prosicuted.. they just wanna scare u
    ice ice baby

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    bt havent stoped me. 'YET'. ntl have got a like ban on there service. only 1gb per day download. i wouldnt be able to live lol.

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Poster
    i have got NTL .. at the moment they are doing nothing to ppl going over the limit.. not sure if they will in the future?
    ice ice baby

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    imported_The__One
    It's not just movies, I got a letter from some corporation (it came directly from washington D.C, and I live in Brazil) that said I was uploading an AutoDesk product (3D Studio MAX), wich I was...all I had to do was remove the software from my computer and I was never botherd again... I got the letter directly from washington 'cause I was downloading/uploading stuff at my dad's office...and sice he is a government emplyee, I was literally at the ISP with a hell of a fast connention (not sure how mutch, but I got max of 3.4MBps)

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    Poster
    Originally posted by The__One@13 March 2003 - 19:04
    It's not just movies, I got a letter from some corporation (it came directly from washington D.C, and I live in Brazil) that said I was uploading an AutoDesk product (3D Studio MAX), wich I was...all I had to do was remove the software from my computer and I was never botherd again... I got the letter directly from washington 'cause I was downloading/uploading stuff at my dad's office...and sice he is a government emplyee, I was literally at the ISP with a hell of a fast connention (not sure how mutch, but I got max of 3.4MBps)
    lol , using a goverenment connection for p2p.. i like it
    ice ice baby

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    I use bt broadband an have received an e-mail from their acceptable use dept moaning about about me allowing uploads of copyrighted movies they had times ip addresses and file sizes including one file i'm pretty sure only i was sharing my guess is one of the scum buckets are were using kazaa just to trap people once connected they check your shares for anything they don't approved of and they report you to you isp .....tossers .Needless to say install the privacy patch and don't be to quick to brand someone a leech just cos they don't seem to be sharing

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    I had taken it off, because there's no doubt that some people will cut you off just because they can't see into your shared folder (particularly if you have the 1000 rating).

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    Thats true people do so, i don't use the 1000pl option i use kazaahack so i can freeze my pl at around 600 so it don't happen quite as much.

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    Poster
    as metioned earlier. i think it was this thred.. not many ppl bother looking at the ratings any more.. have of kazaa are supreme beings
    ice ice baby

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    Friend of mine had one of these letters posted to heim from his ISP, BT Broadband, a UK company. but it wasn't for a film it was for GTA3

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast