Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Internet Provider Says Stop Uploading!

I received this EMAIL today from my internet provider previously known as ATT Broadband, now COMCAST
    SUBJECT: - Policy Violation - Comcast Internet Security and Abuse (JP) [TICKET_ID: xxxxxx] {RPTR}:W:
    * * * IMMEDIATE ACTION and REPLY REQUIRED * * *

Please read this entire message, review the required action(s) below, and send a prompt reply message to acknowledge receipt of this email.

Comcast has been made aware that you have violated the Comcast Service Agreement and/or Acceptable Usage Policy. These policies can be found at http://help.broadband.att.com/security. Failure to comply with these policies may result in a permanent termination of your service. The account holder is solely responsible for any and all activities performed from the Comcast service. Please read the following information carefully to ensure that you understand the violation, our policies, and what you need to do to respond to this warning.
    BLA... BLA... BLA
    Explanation: Comcast has received notification of alleged copyright infringement originating from the Comcast account registered to you.

Action Required: We will require your timely assistance in blocking accessibility to the alleged infringed materials and then notifying us when the materials are no longer publicly available. By federal guidelines stated within the DMCA, this matter needs to be resolved quickly. We will therefore require your immediate investigation into this notification.

**NOTE**
    Additionally, please be advised that should Comcast receive further copyright infringement complaints related to your Comcast Internet account, Comcast may terminate the account in accordance with the Comcast Acceptable Usage Policy (AUP).

Related Logs / Evidence:

Title: Erin Brockovich
    Infringement Source: FastTrack
    Infringement Timestamp: 2/12/2003 2:12:43 AM Pacific (GMT-08:00)
    Infringing Filename: Erin Brockovich_vg.avi
    Infringing Filesize: 730802176
    Infringers IP Address: XX.XXX.XXX.XX (X'D out by GIKstar)

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    O geez...not good. My advice is to, obviously, do what they say to do. You definately don't want them to shut off your internet connection, not to mention the scores of lawyers ready to sue your butt.

Do you have any idea how they found out?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I don't know... thought one of our "GODS" knows. They did provide me with my IP Address in the email.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    when did comcast buy att?

if you are telling the truth, then i'll be recieving a letter also... i think...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    They bought it some months back.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by TIDE-HSV@11 March 2003 - 05:29
    They bought it some months back.
    i always thought att was the biggest

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    This is a real bummer... 'cause I have 440 Gigs of hard drive space! And YES, that is a real email (shortened it up quite a bit though and added the BLA BLA BLA...). I was sent a copy to each and every one of my ATTbi email addresses.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Comcast and ATTBI were roughly the same size, but ATT was trying to get out of the BB business. Comcast is the unquestioned "king of the hill" now. I was very interested to see your post. It will be interesting to see how this spreads.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    hmm...I'm on AT&T (we haven't changed to comcast here totally yet) and I hope i don't get one of them letters

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast