Thread: Newish To Bittorrent And I Have A Problem

ive downloaded 10% of an album and i had to disconnect for abiy so i closed the download and then i reopened it later it goes back to 10% and says its connecting but then a box comes up saying "Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error (10060, &#39;Operation timed out&#39>. What does this mean?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    it mean that you can&#39;t see how many users having the file is online... your download should continue anyway

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I think it means the tracker is unreachable or down (or the torrent is no longer being distributed) , personally i don&#39;t think your download will continue until it reconnects to the tracker. If it doesn&#39;t continue, then check the homepage associated with the tracker for more info, or just keep trying occasionally (if the torrent hasn&#39;t been removed then it will reconnect at some point).

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster
    Your Bittorrent client should poll the client every 2 minutes or so. This should eventually reconnect you. If it doesn&#39;t then, as stated in the above posts, the tracker is down/dead.

If you are using the original client I suggest you convert to Azureus or ABC as they are both better at maintaining a connection and provide much more (reassuring?) status info.
    DOWNLOADING IS FUN - SHARING IS SUBLIME
    When all else fails - read the instructions!!!
    LEEDS UNITED - WE'LL BE BACK

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Use Torrentstorm, that way you dont get this crap about urlopen tracker etc&#33;

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Burst is ok shows seeds and leeches