Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corruption What Do I Do

Poster
    I've downloaded this file 4 times (so far ) and it "always" has a corrupted ms-gamecab file. (Using CDMage) There are from 50ish to over 450 corrupted ms-cab files. I've tried repair (0 out of X fixed) rebuild (dosen't help any).

This is a CD1(of 2), 675mb file which takes a few days to download each time . It'll go through "search for more sources", find up to 5-7....then back to "search for more sources". I'm I on a "black-list" or something ? I've tried jumping nodes (I can always find sources, but few will connect).

If possible, could someone post a hash "of just the ms-gamecab file". The game is MechWarrior 4 Mercs. The hash, I got from "verified games in a can", has changed names to MechWarrior4 CD1&2.Bin's. I know this because the setup.exe works I could get through the install "up to" 20%(the furthest so far ).

Do any of you know why I would get corruptions like this? or better yet, how to fix/avoid'em?

2. Games   -   #2
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Did you install the newer Kazaa over the old one?
    That's what screwed up my downloads!

Try uninstalling the old one, and freshly install the latest version...
    (Make a backup first of the DB folder in kazaa and copy it back after install&#33

Good Luck!

3. Games   -   #3
    Originally posted by KANADIANborn@11 March 2003 - 04:27
    I've downloaded this file 4 times (so far ) and it "always" has a corrupted ms-gamecab file. (Using CDMage) There are from 50ish to over 450 corrupted ms-cab files. I've tried repair (0 out of X fixed) rebuild (dosen't help any).

This is a CD1(of 2), 675mb file which takes a few days to download each time . It'll go through "search for more sources", find up to 5-7....then back to "search for more sources". I'm I on a "black-list" or something ? I've tried jumping nodes (I can always find sources, but few will connect).

If possible, could someone post a hash "of just the ms-gamecab file". The game is MechWarrior 4 Mercs. The hash, I got from "verified games in a can", has changed names to MechWarrior4 CD1&2.Bin's. I know this because the setup.exe works I could get through the install "up to" 20%(the furthest so far ).

Do any of you know why I would get corruptions like this? or better yet, how to fix/avoid'em?
    that file is corroupted and no problem in downloads just try different file .

4. Games   -   #4
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    C&C generals...both of the deviance CDs had curruption here, when I redownloaded CD1 was ok, but CD2 had a new currupted file..some chinese movie in the game.. Now I used a .CAB editor to take that movie out and put the fake one in...but now the game says data2.cab is currupt (probably because the whole thing MUST be a certain size, @#$%*!&#33 wonder how I can just install the game advanced way and @#$%* the stupid installation program.

5. Games   -   #5
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@11 March 2003 - 17:10
    C&C generals...both of the deviance CDs had curruption here, when I redownloaded CD1 was ok, but CD2 had a new currupted file..some chinese movie in the game.. Now I used a .CAB editor to take that movie out and put the fake one in...but now the game says data2.cab is currupt (probably because the whole thing MUST be a certain size, @#$%*!&#33 wonder how I can just install the game advanced way and @#$%* the stupid installation program.
    i had the same error with easy cd creator 5 .

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    I wish everyone would just finally listen to me.
    I'VE BEEN THERE.
    It is possible to get a cd image without corruption on kazaa,but it's NOT LIKELY.
    they ALMOST ALWAYS get corrupted.
    so you can download 10 -15 times and keep praying or
    you can get emule and get corruption free downloads everytime.
    emule scans downloads for corruption and redownloads the corrupted part from a different source.
    It really works.
    I use to only download rips because bins and isos always got corrupted,but in the 2 weeks that I've used emule to download games I now have
    simcity4
    c&c generals
    battlefield 1942 AND road to rome
    aliens vs predator 2 AND primal hunt
    Medal of honor AND spearhead
    ALL without a single error B)
    get emule at http://www.emuleplus.tk

7. Games   -   #7
    tilen76's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Master YodaX@12 March 2003 - 16:47
    I wish everyone would just finally listen to me.
    I'VE BEEN THERE.
    It is possible to get a cd image without corruption on kazaa,but it's NOT LIKELY.
    they ALMOST ALWAYS get corrupted.
    so you can download 10 -15 times and keep praying or
    you can get emule and get corruption free downloads everytime.
    emule scans downloads for corruption and redownloads the corrupted part from a different source.
    It really works.
    I use to only download rips because bins and isos always got corrupted,but in the 2 weeks that I've used emule to download games I now have
    simcity4
    c&c generals
    battlefield 1942 AND road to rome
    aliens vs predator 2 AND primal hunt
    Splinter Cell
    Medal of honor AND spearhead
    ALL without a single error B)
    get emule at http://www.emuleplus.tk
    Exactly, listen to Master YodaX.

I was lucky, I was able to get one or two ISOs with Kazaa, but then I've started using eMule for software and games and all I can tell you, you'll never get a corrupted download. And there's usually a lot more sources avaliable too.

Kazaa for movies and eMule for software&games.

8. Games   -   #8
    imported_jamesandpie
    Whats the difference between emule and emule plus? and do u need emule for emule plus to work????

9. Games   -   #9
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Is there a getting started guide for eMule somewhere?

EDIT: nm www.emule-project.net/faq

10. Games   -   #10
    racer II's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by jamesandpie@12 March 2003 - 19:43
    Whats the difference between emule and emule plus? and do u need emule for emule plus to work????
    You don`t need emule "basic" to use the plus version , plus is a modded version of emule.
    There are a lot of mods for emule, check them out your self : http://emule.sourceforge.net/
    In the forums you can find the modded versions.
    System:
    LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
    Xfx 7900gt extreme
    2x Maxtor 250gb sata
    2x Maxtor 80gb (p)ata
    2x 512mb mem , dual channel
    Tagan 580w psu
    Coolermaster stacker case
    Zalman reserator 1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast