Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Rapper

Poster
    I havn't got a favourite but that is because I havn't heard many variations, however I shall start downloading someof the artists mentioned and see what comes up

ps: only rap artists I have are basically

NWA
    Canibus
    Jurrassic 5

2. Music   -   #72
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Originally posted by johnnytightlips2@29 March 2003 - 21:36
    my favourites are

wc

mobb deep

rocafella

and if ur a long time hiphop fanatic like me u would know that eminem and the whole shady thing is just shit.
    Ya, thats pretty funny... a long time rap fan? The oldest thing you have there is snoop dogg... and the ones i quoted you on, are a joke, wc... only good thing there was cube. Rocafella is a fucking joke, thats not rap, its hip hop/pop shit. All about money and hoes, wow, such talent.

Mobb deep, dont even get me started, can we say tutuing prodigy? lol...

If gonna try to claim longtime old school, at least get it right... LL, run, grandmaster.

Dont hate the way the rap scene is changing... change with the times, or get out. Lyricists are back, no more make um say ugh shit.

3. Music   -   #73
    Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23+31 March 2003 - 07:17--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Schmiggy_JK23 @ 31 March 2003 - 07:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--johnnytightlips2@29 March 2003 - 21:36
    my favourites are

wc

mobb deep

rocafella

and if ur a long time hiphop fanatic like me u would know that eminem and the whole shady thing is just shit.
    Ya, thats pretty funny... a long time rap fan? The oldest thing you have there is snoop dogg... and the ones i quoted you on, are a joke, wc... only good thing there was cube. Rocafella is a fucking joke, thats not rap, its hip hop/pop shit. All about money and hoes, wow, such talent.

Mobb deep, dont even get me started, can we say tutuing prodigy? lol...

If gonna try to claim longtime old school, at least get it right... LL, run, grandmaster.

Dont hate the way the rap scene is changing... change with the times, or get out. Lyricists are back, no more make um say ugh shit. [/b][/quote]

Bit of a strong reply I think. The rappers he mentions could be his current favourites, he might like them more than Run DMC and LL Cool J. Let&#39;s face it LL has dropped way the hell off the pace - most of his fans are women anyway. My favourite rapper is Biggie Smalls, but I&#39;ve been buying Hip-Hop (On Vinyl&#33;&#33 for 20 years. Does that mean because I like a newer artist I&#39;m not into Hip-Hop??

As for the Rocafella artists only rapping about Money and Hoes, so what? The origin of rapping comes from pimp rhyming on the streets of inner city America in the 1960&#39;s/1970&#39;s. Guess what, they rhymed about their cash, cars and bitches so maybe Rocafella are keeping it old school after all. Not that I own much Rocafella, it&#39;s too commercial for my current tastes.

Ice Cube who you mention as being good is hardly Old School either&#33;&#33; Fake - ass gangster, middle class, college educated wannabee&#33;&#33; Easy motherfuckin&#39; E was the talent in NWA . Shame he died so soon&#33;

Anyway had to have my say.

Cheers

Signature removed

4. Music   -   #74
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Of course by refering to old school, i ment old days ll... hes far to r&b for me nowadays...

As far as eazy, on the mic wise, ya, he was the talent... but nwa woulda had it much harder w/o dre&#39;s production.... that woulda left easy on the streets selling crack. (which he did b4 nwa).

cube... say what you will bout his background, but i like his style, his flow, its harsh.

Biggie, rip, is an icon, right up with there with pac... those two and slim are my top 3.

5. Music   -   #75
    Jonne's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Z@30 March 2003 - 03:12
    OK now eveyone post your favorite RAP ALBUM&#33;

mine is Word of Mouf - Ludacris (that i own)

pure comedy.
    is there a particular reason why rappers are so bad at spelling?
    is mouth so hard to spell?

6. Music   -   #76
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing

Leave it ebonics and net&#39;speak to destroy the english language. lol

7. Music   -   #77
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    A dead rapper, is a good rapper. Got room in that coffin Tupac?
    Proud member of MDS

8. Music   -   #78
    Fasttracker A
    The coffin would be empty if there was one.

You should be whipped in the mouth with a chain for saying such stupid things ,Dam fool

9. Music   -   #79
    Originally posted by nahan@8 April 2003 - 09:14

You should be whipped in the mouth with a chain for saying such stupid things ,Dam fool

Who the fuck are you MR. T ???

I suppose you could "Glock his ass" or "bust a cap" in him.

Jibbler, if you don&#39;t like Hip-Hop don&#39;t bother to reply to a Hip-Hop thread. Are you just trying to up your post count??

Keep on Truckin&#39; .
    Signature removed

10. Music   -   #80
    Fasttracker A
    Mr.t was a mercenary not a gangbanger nor did he ever use your retarded lines posted above.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast