Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fake Files

I'm not sure that I have encountered any fake files so far, so my question is how would you know if a file is fake? If downloading a movie for instance, what would happen when you try to preview the movie? Thanks for the help.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    It would either be another movie, or not a movie at all. (blank, etc.)

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    Originally posted by JayBaller10@1 April 2004 - 20:46
    I'm not sure that I have encountered any fake files so far, so my question is how would you know if a file is fake? If downloading a movie for instance, what would happen when you try to preview the movie? Thanks for the help.
    it could stop playing halfway.

i'm not sure what you mean

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    jetje's Avatar former star
    just preview, check if the movie you see playing is the movie you wanna dl (it could be renamed). To prevent that you could also use the verifieds in movie world!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Right next to the weapons of mass destructions
    For movies use avi preview, however use the verified sites. For music do not download files which has alot of users like 300, and also watch the bandwidth of the file. If the bandwidth is high and there is only like 6 users then it is a fake. Also check the file name and make sure it doesn't have a (1) or a (2) or any number in a bracket at the end of the file name. And lastly always download the quality mp3 like 192, not 128. Hope this helped you.

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'> &quot;Its all fun and games till someone looses an eye......THEN its a sport&#33;&#33;&quot;
    - danyj</span></span></span>

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    Originally posted by danyj@1 April 2004 - 21:59
    For movies use avi preview, however use the verified sites. For music do not download files which has alot of users like 300, and also watch the bandwidth of the file. If the bandwidth is high and there is only like 6 users then it is a fake. Also check the file name and make sure it doesn&#39;t have a (1) or a (2) or any number in a bracket at the end of the file name. And lastly always download the quality mp3 like 192, not 128. Hope this helped you.
    lol acctually boss videolan for moives, avi preview can only preview avi and mpg.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Bowen747x's Avatar Poster
    a "fake" file is usually cosidered "fake" bcuz u downloaded it in the hopes of getting one thing but it turns out 2 b another, ie. u download a brittney spears music video but its a prono how do you find out if a file is fake? download it and c if it is what it says it is
    tYiA

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Bowen747x@2 April 2004 - 09:49
    a "fake" file is usually cosidered "fake" bcuz u downloaded it in the hopes of getting one thing but it turns out 2 b another, ie. u download a brittney spears music video but its a prono how do you find out if a file is fake? download it and c if it is what it says it is
    or if it didn&#39;t play all the way

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    ok, then I have encountered some fake files (Butterfly Effect) turned out to be haggard and the second turned out to be spiderman. Good advice from everyone, thnx for the help peeps&#33;

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Old Fella
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+3 April 2004 - 05:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN @ 3 April 2004 - 05:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bowen747x@2 April 2004 - 09:49
    or if it didn&#39;t play all the way [/b][/quote]
    Mus, I have downloaded movies before that wouldn&#39;t preview with avi preview or videolan, but turned out alright once completed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast