Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norton Anti Virus Gives Me A Pop Up

i got 4 of them! 2 of 2 kinds 1 is Downloader.BO or Backdoor.Jeem and i forget

the others name , so i follow the instructions, diable system restore, upater virus

definitions, restart in safe mode, then run a scan but the scan doesnt pick up the

infections, even tough i gave me a pop up warining me about it in the first place i

also when to delete some of the values "sytemservice"="C:\System\msrexe.exe

and 1c3943, 41kf83, and 4 more but none of them existe i cant find them so is

norton tripping on me or do i have virus's i need to take care of? :helpsmile:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    Try a free online scan, like panda antivirus online, and see if you really have a virus. Then download the right virus removal tools

good luck,

bulio

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    muchspl2
    and you still use norton :roll:
    maybe try avg, it free and even the pay version is free and it's about 10000000% better on resources

also make sure you turn off system restore when you do your scan, then after it cleans it, you can turn system restore back on

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    nortons has done its job , look in you quarantined items section , they will be there
    you can delete them from there also

some things it just delete's so look in the reports folder

ether way if it doesnt pick them up in a second scan everything is a ok

just thank nortons for keeping u safe, the reason it moves them to the quarantined section is that it cant repair them

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    ok i checked out the log heres a pic 2 where auto deleted but two say repairfailed and the other accses denied see:

Image Resized
    [img]http://img3.photobucket.com/albums/v32/murpmurp/sadas.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

but there are a few item in my quarinten folder are these the two other virus's

which ones do i delete? i numbered them 1-5?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BANNED
    norton cleansweep? or a trojan remover?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by delphin460@1 April 2004 - 21:50
    nortons has done its job , look in you quarantined items section , they will be there

some things it just delete's so look in the reports folder

just thank nortons for keeping u safe, the reason it moves them to the quarantined section is that it cant repair them
    yea it really sounds like norton is the best and is doing its job , stop riding nortons sack and realize its bloat wear and miss as much as it finds, what if next time its a really bad virus that messes with his boot ini
    I'm not saying avg is the best, just saying norton isn't

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by muchspl2+2 April 2004 - 03:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (muchspl2 @ 2 April 2004 - 03:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-delphin460@1 April 2004 - 21:50

some things it just delete&#39;s so look in the reports folder

yea it really sounds like norton is the best and is doing its job , stop riding nortons sack and realize its bloat wear and miss as much as it finds, what if next time its a really bad virus that messes with his boot ini
    I&#39;m not saying avg is the best, just saying norton isn&#39;t [/b][/quote]
    what would you recomend as the best? or should i go with avg.....

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    I have no idea why people have their av set to quarantine when it should be set to automatically delete the virus instead of trying to clean it.

Unless you are constantly worried about a virus infecting an important file then I recommend you set all viruses to be deleted. Most av&#39;s can not succesfully quarantine and item anyway, and even if it did I would still not want that file on my system.

@muchspl2 -- I have used Norton Corp for some time now and it has done it&#39;s job. I can&#39;t comment on regular Norton and since you use Shitty AVG then I suppose you can not comment as well.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion as well as the choice of what av they want to use. I think what it comes down to is no one really cares what you or I use and chimpanzee trolling is not going to change that unless the person just does not have a mind of their own.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Norton works well for me but I use another fine tool as well , it&#39;s called common sence. B)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast