Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hellboy

bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    watched it and thought it was a good movie! kept it to the comic bout time someone did!...now im lookin for screen shots of the part where he woke the ol man up that was cool shot! of him on top of the coffin

but the movie was better than most comic movies

def not a must see ,but a good movie to watch!

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    I intend to watch it. Though I'm more of a fan of the art as opposed to the scripts of the comics.

I'd be interested to know why Busyman thought that LOEG was under-rated earlier in the thread. I thought it was an absolute mulch of a film given the "original" subject matter they had to work from.

3. Movies & TV   -   #33
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    I went to the movies and saw it yesterday (only because it was free for me), and I didn't like it too much, but hey, thats just me. The bad guy was really cool though, the guy the professor said was "Hitler's top assassin," he was awesome and creepy.

4. Movies & TV   -   #34
    Its magic baby!
    Well i really liked it, hellboy was cool, his (fire) girl , abe was cool, evil nazi assasin was cool, the story line was interesting with rasputin being in it.

Over all an enjoyable film and close enough to the comics too.
    Wiz.

5. Movies & TV   -   #35
    david622's Avatar Procrastinator
    That was definately a good movie, comic movie or not. Does anyone know of a working copy I could download? I've been looking for days and none of the ones I have tried worked.

6. Movies & TV   -   #36
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by chalice@6 April 2004 - 19:18
    I intend to watch it. Though I'm more of a fan of the art as opposed to the scripts of the comics.

I'd be interested to know why Busyman thought that LOEG was under-rated earlier in the thread. I thought it was an absolute mulch of a film given the "original" subject matter they had to work from.
    I don't know what mulch of a film means.

Is it bad, good, mashed to together....what?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Movies & TV   -   #37
    mulch = mash or mixture of things

8. Movies & TV   -   #38
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Originally posted by Busyman+7 April 2004 - 02:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 7 April 2004 - 02:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chalice@6 April 2004 - 19:18
    I intend to watch it. Though I&#39;m more of a fan of the art as opposed to the scripts of the comics.

I&#39;d be interested to know why Busyman thought that LOEG was under-rated earlier in the thread. I thought it was an absolute mulch of a film given the "original" subject matter they had to work from.
    I don&#39;t know what mulch of a film means.

Is it bad, good, mashed to together....what? [/b][/quote]
    My problem with that film is that its just another case of wasted potential.

They were given, on a plate, a rock solid set of characters, a water-tight plot and more sub-plots that you can shake a stick at. They proceeded to dilute all of the ideas into a tepid vehicle for Sean Connery.

Dorian Grey and Tom Sawyer? Where did they come from? They are completely extraneous to everything.

Wilimena Harker became a rabid vampire. In the comics she is a much more intriguing character and she doesn&#39;t have to get her fangs out once.

The Invisible Man is a right evil f**ker in the comics and the film transforms hm into some reluctant hero.

Hyde, I must admit, I was pretty impressed with. Though, they didn&#39;t have the balls to include some of the stuff he gets up to in the comics.

And It was all I could do not to switch off when that supercar appeared ffs.

I can&#39;t wait to see the mess the forthcoming Watchmen movie is going to be.

9. Movies & TV   -   #39
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by chalice+7 April 2004 - 04:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chalice @ 7 April 2004 - 04:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Busyman@7 April 2004 - 02:59
    <!--QuoteBegin-chalice
    @6 April 2004 - 19:18
    I intend to watch it. Though I&#39;m more of a fan of the art as opposed to the scripts of the comics.

I&#39;d be interested to know why Busyman thought that LOEG was under-rated earlier in the thread. I thought it was an absolute mulch of a film given the "original" subject matter they had to work from.

I don&#39;t know what mulch of a film means.

Is it bad, good, mashed to together....what?
    My problem with that film is that its just another case of wasted potential.

They were given, on a plate, a rock solid set of characters, a water-tight plot and more sub-plots that you can shake a stick at. They proceeded to dilute all of the ideas into a tepid vehicle for Sean Connery.

Dorian Grey and Tom Sawyer? Where did they come from? They are completely extraneous to everything.

Wilimena Harker became a rabid vampire. In the comics she is a much more intriguing character and she doesn&#39;t have to get her fangs out once.

The Invisible Man is a right evil f**ker in the comics and the film transforms hm into some reluctant hero.

Hyde, I must admit, I was pretty impressed with. Though, they didn&#39;t have the balls to include some of the stuff he gets up to in the comics.

And It was all I could do not to switch off when that supercar appeared ffs.

I can&#39;t wait to see the mess the forthcoming Watchmen movie is going to be. [/b][/quote]
    either way&#33; LOEG and HELLBOY are both good movies&#33;

10. Movies & TV   -   #40
    Originally posted by chalice@7 April 2004 - 00:30
    I can&#39;t wait to see the mess the forthcoming Watchmen movie is going to be.
    you&#39;re kidding. that hasn&#39;t been cancelled yet? The Watchmen seems a little too complicated and, um, lacking actual "heroes" to be suitable for mainstream audiences. people wanna cheer for the guy with perfect teeth who gets to sleep with any supermodel he wants, not watch a movie that spends the whole time tearing up everyone&#39;s ideas of "good guys vs. bad guys."

lolz. a quote from the guy who wrote the Watchmen script: "I had to change the ending, for example. I can&#39;t get too specific here, but the ending of the book is incredibly bloody and gory, and involves thousands and thousands and thousands of dead bodies. You can&#39;t do that on screen. Nobody will give you &#036;80 million to do it. It&#39;s just too ugly." he took out the part where Ozymandias murders thousands of innocent people with those fake alien/mutant things&#33; *crosses fingers in hopes that the movie won&#39;t be crap*

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast