Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Hellboy

chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+7 April 2004 - 15:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 7 April 2004 - 15:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chalice@7 April 2004 - 00:30
    I can&#39;t wait to see the mess the forthcoming Watchmen movie is going to be.
    you&#39;re kidding. that hasn&#39;t been cancelled yet? The Watchmen seems a little too complicated and, um, lacking actual "heroes" to be suitable for mainstream audiences. people wanna cheer for the guy with perfect teeth who gets to sleep with any supermodel he wants, not watch a movie that spends the whole time tearing up everyone&#39;s ideas of "good guys vs. bad guys." [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, there was talk going around for years that Terry Gilliam was going to direct it but he finally admitted that it was impossible.

I read this on the Alan Moore fansite today...

While discussing his recent film "Hellboy", producer Llyod Levin revealed to The Chicago Sun-Times that he would be producing the Watchmen film. "We&#39;re going to do &#39;The Watchmen,&#39; stated Levin. "It&#39;s about a group of superheroes who reunite to figure out who is trying to kill them off. It&#39;s really a unique story because it deals with the spiritual aspect of being a superhero."

2. Movies & TV   -   #42
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by chalice+7 April 2004 - 11:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chalice @ 7 April 2004 - 11:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@7 April 2004 - 15:34
    <!--QuoteBegin-chalice
    @7 April 2004 - 00:30
    I can&#39;t wait to see the mess the forthcoming Watchmen movie is going to be.

you&#39;re kidding. that hasn&#39;t been cancelled yet? The Watchmen seems a little too complicated and, um, lacking actual "heroes" to be suitable for mainstream audiences. people wanna cheer for the guy with perfect teeth who gets to sleep with any supermodel he wants, not watch a movie that spends the whole time tearing up everyone&#39;s ideas of "good guys vs. bad guys."
    Yeah, there was talk going around for years that Terry Gilliam was going to direct it but he finally admitted that it was impossible.

I read this on the Alan Moore fansite today...

While discussing his recent film "Hellboy", producer Llyod Levin revealed to The Chicago Sun-Times that he would be producing the Watchmen film. "We&#39;re going to do &#39;The Watchmen,&#39; stated Levin. "It&#39;s about a group of superheroes who reunite to figure out who is trying to kill them off. It&#39;s really a unique story because it deals with the spiritual aspect of being a superhero." [/b][/quote]
    I rather see Rising Stars. It has a similiar mystery about who&#39;s killing off the heroes but is much easier to make while still being intriguing.

....and that would just be part of an overall great story&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

An easy trilogy or quadrilogy.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Movies & TV   -   #43
    mmm... amateur customized action figures. the height of geek-dom.

honestly, i don&#39;t believe a Watchmen film is necessary. yes, if there was a movie or tv series that captured every single detail of the comic onto film, it would be a great achievement. but is it necessary? nah. Watchmen&#39;s story and art were constructed with such cinematic flair, that it was like reading a movie.

4. Movies & TV   -   #44
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@7 April 2004 - 13:05
    mmm... amateur customized action figures.&nbsp; the height of geek-dom.&nbsp;

honestly, i don&#39;t believe a Watchmen film is necessary.&nbsp; yes, if there was a movie or tv series that captured every single detail of the comic onto film, it would be a great achievement.&nbsp; but is it necessary?&nbsp; nah.&nbsp; Watchmen&#39;s story and art were constructed with such cinematic flair, that it was like reading a movie.
    I think all they can do with a Watchmen film is piss all the fans of the comic off.

I wish I had the entire original run of the comic.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Movies & TV   -   #45
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    There was a screenplay written for a Watchmen movie in 1989 but it was, thankfully, binned.

You can read it here. http://fourcolorheroes.home.insightb...chmenfree.html

It stinks to high heaven. Don&#39;t get me started. I could go on for weeks about how bad it is.

6. Movies & TV   -   #46
    Hellboy was awesome, i saw it at the theater. well worth the money. the actions are great (it could use a little more blood though), and hellboy is a funny dude (it was so funny when he threw the rock at myers). dont get discouraged by the shitty trailer, this is a good movie.

7. Movies & TV   -   #47
    I still didnt see it.....

8. Movies & TV   -   #48
    - Nightmare -'s Avatar Arch-angel
    I saw it this past Saturday night with a couple of buddies. I thought it was awesome.

It is time...

...for the end to be stopped.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345