Thread: It Would Appear To Me

tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    yup, it appears to me that if you open eMule/eDonkey/maybe Overnet (havent tried it yet), and then go to processes under the task manager, and right click the eMule/eDonkey process and click on the highest priority (RealTime), then it downlaods much more and faster - do this overnight though, it slows down everything else.

Rafi

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    whats your processor speed?

A low speed might drag emule down which will slow your downloads. But a pretty decent one should keep up. Mine is 1.2Ghz, but I know a team member who has no trouble with a 500Mhz Pentium II.

I don't suggest it as it can make emule unstable.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@2 April 2004 - 16:40
    whats your processor speed?

A low speed might drag emule down which will slow your downloads. But a pretty decent one should keep up. Mine is 1.2Ghz, but I know a team member who has no trouble with a 500Mhz Pentium II.

I don't suggest it as it can make emule unstable.
    well, thats why you should leave it overnight... i managed to download a 650MB film in just under 3 hours.....

Rafi

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    how fast is your connection? i have a feeling your connection speed isnt capable of downloading 215MB an hr.
    Does it always happen? Could have been a fluke or a highly proritised release

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@2 April 2004 - 19:26
    how fast is your connection? i have a feeling your connection speed isnt capable of downloading 215MB an hr.
    Does it always happen? Could have been a fluke or a highly proritised release
    ive got a 750k connection... but the thing is, when you set the priority of that particular process to the highest, then it lets eMule use the whole internet bandwidth, thus getting you the fastest down speed you can get

Rafi

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Giving emule high priority doesn't make you advance faster in queue's. Coincidence I would say...
    Try eMule for awhile and be pleasantly surprised! Money back guarantee!