Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Message From The A**hole Global Moderator

newcster68's Avatar Taxicab Co. Owner
    Hey everyone I thought i would cut, copy and paste this message i recieved from the Global Moderator today as I came home from a hard day at work. Preview below and post your comments if I replied back to him gently or incorrectly. Thanks

OK, you gave me a lot of work with your posts about Longhorn.

a. Next time you post about ONE subject, please keep it in ONE topic.

b. I noticed you're not sure that the version you have is real or fake. Why do you post a Sig2dat link that's NOT verified? Is it verified now?

c. Somebody else posted a Sig2dat link before you, how come you didn't notice it?

Reading all these posts in your 4 topics and merging/deleting/commenting them took me almost 2 hours, time that I could have spend more usefull on this board.

Please answer the questions above and be more prudent next time.

1. You may be the Global Moderator for this forum but what gives you the BALLS to tell me what I should and shouldn't do. I'm a grown man and I do what I please. If I remember correctly...hmmmm.. there are 2 rooms in this forum that you can post a topic about anything. There is no rules in the forum that states you can't post an identical topic in a forum that says "post about any subject" like the Lounge!!

2. I posted the sigdat link because when I viewed the download it was Windows Longhorn Build 4008. So in other words it was VERIFIED by me. I only later questioned the Longhorn Build 4008 when I noticed in my computer info that it says I am running Windows 2000 Pro. If Microsoft is using this platform for their Longhorn that is not for me to question!!

3.I posted a sigdat link to Windows Longhorn Build 4008 because I wanted a second source for other ppl to use. Why should you even question me about my sigdat???? Everyone has the option to post a sigdat even though there may be an identical link in another room. (AND THERE ARE SUCH IDENTICAL SIGDATS)

4. I did notice the other sigdat link that someone else posted!! Again, there are no rules saying you can't post a sigdat link that was post prior.

5. Waaah! sniffle sniffle! So it took you 2 hours to merge, delete and comment on my post. Your going to be doing the same to many others in this forum. That is YOUR job, YOU are the moderator or OWNER of this forum. What did u expect when u opened this up? It was going to be all roses and sunny days. If you can't handle working your fingers and eyes then shut it down and do something else with your so called precious time!!

6. And so... I answered your questions honestly and prudently as you thought u requested!!

FINAL THOUGHT

Remember who u are! You are the Global Moderator of this forum. It takes respect to get respect. Don't send a message to a forum user demanding what they should do or not do!!! Ask Them politely. I understand maybe that u may have been in a bad mood at the time when you noticed my posts and wasn't thinking clearly when you sent this notice to me, but realize now that I was in a happy mood when coming home from work this evening until I opened up this message from you. NOW that puts me in a fowl mood because of YOU which comes to my nasty reply back to YOU!

THANKU FOR YOUR TIME AND HAVE A NICE DAY!

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Forum Star
    At least I had the decency to tell you in a PM - not on the board.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Originally posted by Bender@11 March 2003 - 00:37
    At least I had the decency to tell you in a PM - not on the board.
    TAKE YOUR decency and stick it where the sun don't shine! D*mn you see what you did. I hate being hateful. Why do u and some others have to be such jerks. D*MN D*MN D*MN

4. Lounge   -   #4
    newcster68, quiet down. Talk with Bender or the admins about this, better help then here.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Forum Star
    OK, since you seem to be so eager to fight this out in the Lounge:

1. You may be the Global Moderator for this forum but what gives you the BALLS to tell me what I should and shouldn't do. I'm a grown man and I do what I please. If I remember correctly...hmmmm.. there are 2 rooms in this forum that you can post a topic about anything. There is no rules in the forum that states you can't post an identical topic in a forum that says "post about any subject" like the Lounge!!
    We are talking about your posts in 'Softwareworld' and 'Softwareworld Verifieds', right? Where is it stated that you can post there 'about any subject'?
    I won't go into the "I do what I please" part.

2. I posted the sigdat link because when I viewed the download it was Windows Longhorn Build 4008. So in other words it was VERIFIED by me. I only later questioned the Longhorn Build 4008 when I noticed in my computer info that it says I am running Windows 2000 Pro. If Microsoft is using this platform for their Longhorn that is not for me to question!!
    If you write that you question your download and find out later that it's ok, why don't you post that then? People will think it's not ok, making your Sig2dat worthless.

3.I posted a sigdat link to Windows Longhorn Build 4008 because I wanted a second source for other ppl to use. Why should you even question me about my sigdat???? Everyone has the option to post a sigdat even though there may be an identical link in another room. (AND THERE ARE SUCH IDENTICAL SIGDATS)
    You won't get more sources by posting more Sig2dats on the forum, you get them by sharing on the network.
    You might have noticed that we try to prevent double posting, it makes browsing the board much more fun.

4. I did notice the other sigdat link that someone else posted!! Again, there are no rules saying you can't post a sigdat link that was post prior.
    You're right, this board has no rules concerning common sense.

5. Waaah! sniffle sniffle! So it took you 2 hours to merge, delete and comment on my post. Your going to be doing the same to many others in this forum. That is YOUR job, YOU are the moderator or OWNER of this forum. What did u expect when u opened this up? It was going to be all roses and sunny days. If you can't handle working your fingers and eyes then shut it down and do something else with your so called precious time!!
    In those 2 hours I could maybe have been sorting out the 'General Questions' section, so you'll have it easier later to find the things you're looking for.
    I do my 'job', as you call it, on a voluntary base, nobody pays me anything for it. What have you been doing for this forum?

6. And so... I answered your questions honestly and prudently as you thought u requested!!
    Yes you did, but I did it in privat.

FINAL THOUGHT

Remember who u are! You are the Global Moderator of this forum. It takes respect to get respect. Don't send a message to a forum user demanding what they should do or not do!!! Ask Them politely. I understand maybe that u may have been in a bad mood at the time when you noticed my posts and wasn't thinking clearly when you sent this notice to me, but realize now that I was in a happy mood when coming home from work this evening until I opened up this message from you. NOW that puts me in a fowl mood because of YOU which comes to my nasty reply back to YOU!
    Just as you say, it takes respect to get respect.
    The message I sent you was polite enough and no, I wasn't in a bad mood, I just thought it was a waste of time.
    I'm sorry you're angry, but it's not my fault you are so short-fused.

Don't say things you don't mean in discussions like these.

I think it's my turn now for a final thought, and that'll be the last thing I have to say about this subject.

In the months that I've been a member of this board I've been flamed 3 (three) times, and you took credit of 2 of those.
    Did you notice people tend to ingnore your questions? You even posted a topic about it.
    Do you have a problem or do I?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Originally posted by Bender@11 March 2003 - 02:23
    OK, since you seem to be so eager to fight this out in the Lounge:

We are talking about your posts in 'Softwareworld' and 'Softwareworld Verifieds', right? Where is it stated that you can post there 'about any subject'?
    I won't go into the "I do what I please" part.

If you write that you question your download and find out later that it's ok, why don't you post that then? People will think it's not ok, making your Sig2dat worthless.

You won't get more sources by posting more Sig2dats on the forum, you get them by sharing on the network.
    You might have noticed that we try to prevent double posting, it makes browsing the board much more fun.

You're right, this board has no rules concerning common sense.

In those 2 hours I could maybe have been sorting out the 'General Questions' section, so you'll have it easier later to find the things you're looking for.
    I do my 'job', as you call it, on a voluntary base, nobody pays me anything for it. What have you been doing for this forum?

Yes you did, but I did it in privat.

FINAL THOUGHT

Just as you say, it takes respect to get respect.
    The message I sent you was polite enough and no, I wasn't in a bad mood, I just thought it was a waste of time.
    I'm sorry you're angry, but it's not my fault you are so short-fused.

Don't say things you don't mean in discussions like these.

I think it's my turn now for a final thought, and that'll be the last thing I have to say about this subject.

In the months that I've been a member of this board I've been flamed 3 (three) times, and you took credit of 2 of those.
    Did you notice people tend to ingnore your questions? You even posted a topic about it.
    Do you have a problem or do I?
    yes you were flamed 2 times from me because you deserve it&#33; Im tired of being nice now and maybe I should be like you and some others....Just down right obnoxious and rude. I said this and say it again...there are ppl who are new to this forum who don&#39;t know where to look for help and expect to get the answers from moderators or other helpers and don&#39;t want or expect to be laughed at and get smart a*s remarks back in a reply post. I have posted alot of times and asked kindly but never get helped until I do post back and get mad, then it gets attention&#33;&#33; SOMETHING HAS TO BE WRONG with this. I&#39;m not saying everyone does this because there are others who have been nice to me and very helpful..But, guess what? they were all forum users and not moderators&#33;&#33; POINT MADE&#33; Thanku and have a nice day<---and I do mean it&#33;

7. Lounge   -   #7
    i do agree with you about smart remarks and people laughing at you for posting something they don&#39;t find pleasing.

some people tend to reply with nasty or bad remarks to the post, which doesn&#39;t give the user any feedback of what may he wanted to know. Sometimes people reply with laughter, which makes people angery or upset that nobody cares for and about their problem. I agree with you on that.

You have to keep in my mind, we all different, we all act and think different. Shouldn&#39;t take things so serious when being here. As for mod&#39;s, i dont have any problems with any Mod, i found them to be useful at times and sometimes other users are more useful then the mods. This just shows that mods only enforce rules and keep things to the rules of this forum. always view the problem from both sides. if the other side unwilling to see your view or you the other side, this will repeat. find common ground you both can stand on and talk things out rather then puting others down.

I hope i didn&#39;t disrecpect anybody about this or angery, because i don&#39;t take sides about this program but only wanted ti view my opinion.

cheers

8. Lounge   -   #8
    tilen76's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by newcster68@11 March 2003 - 06:24

b. I noticed you&#39;re not sure that the version you have is real or fake. Why do you post a Sig2dat link that&#39;s NOT verified? Is it verified now?

c. Somebody else posted a Sig2dat link before you, how come you didn&#39;t notice it?

Reading all these posts in your 4 topics and merging/deleting/commenting them took me almost 2 hours, time that I could have spend more usefull on this board.

First: I don&#39;t see anything wrong with that PM.

He wrote you a PM and asked you to answer him some questions. Fair enough.

I looked at your verified post and I see you got a reply from slammy dunken, saying he already posted that.

My advice: next time you try to post a Sig2Dat on this board, make sure you do a search on the subject first. If you find it was posted before, then don&#39;t post it again.
    I have posted something that had already been posted before myself and I found about that later, so I asked a mod to delete my topic, because i didn&#39;t want to upset a member who has already posted that.

There is no use on having double posted verifieds. It just makes searching for something a lot harder, having to browse through several topics, before you finally find what you had been looking for.
    I really wish people would start using the search option before they post a verifed.

Personal note: I see you try to stand out from the day you joined this board. Try to fit in instead. Writing in large font and bright colors is not gonna help and it&#39;s not just this topic that I have in mind.

Cheers

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Leech_Killer's Avatar Poster
    I&#39;m with you Bender, I couldn&#39;t see anything wrong with the PM you sent him. Certainly wasn&#39;t anything obnoxious or rude about it that I could see.

@newcster68

This is just a statement nothing wrong with that.

Notice the word &#39;Please&#39; in the middle, this is called being polite&#33;

b. I noticed you&#39;re not sure that the version you have is real or fake. Why do you post a Sig2dat link that&#39;s NOT verified? Is it verified now?
    This is just a couple of questions, nothing wrong here as you shouldn&#39;t be posting Sig2dat&#39;s that aren&#39;t verified.

c. Somebody else posted a Sig2dat link before you, how come you didn&#39;t notice it?
    There was a Sig2dat already here so why not save yourself some time and use it, or haven&#39;t you figured out how to use the &#39;Search&#39; facility? Perhaps a read of the manual might help.

Reading all these posts in your 4 topics and merging/deleting/commenting them took me almost 2 hours, time that I could have spend more useful on this board.
    If Bender&#39;s spent a lot of time having to bugger about with your posts because you haven&#39;t got the brain cells to make them user friendly for people to respond to, then he&#39;s got every right to have a go at you about it. We&#39;ve all got much better things to do and other people to help, it&#39;s not just you in here.

Do you notice the word &#39;Please at the beginning of the sentence. This was a request so that Bender could understand why you&#39;d posted the way you did. Nothing nasty about it, just a light flaming not even char grilled.

This was sent to you in private, but instead of showing some respect and answering in private you&#39;ve chosen to answer in here. I don&#39;t think this has justified you in anyway, it&#39;s just made you look right twat. If I was in Bender&#39;s position I&#39;d have banned you from the forum, but luckily for you Bender&#39;s a nice and helpful guy. I&#39;ve met people like you in the past that don&#39;t respond well or in a civilised way to being politely told what to do, guess you must have had a hard day at McDonalds drive through or is it the wrong time of the month for you. If you don&#39;t like it here then just don&#39;t bother coming here.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    @ newcster68..I dont see a problem with the PM you got,it wasn&#39;t a rude or arrogant message at all.I&#39;d rather a mod took the time to PM me rather then just flame on the board.You putting this up shows all of us regular peeps here what a total n00b you really are...
    I have had a run in with a mod on here and i over stepped the mark BUT i had the decency to realise my mistake and appologise to the person involved.Flamming mods the way you did makes you come accross as a bit of a self absorbed moron,so grow up and have fun here like most of us try to do...

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast