Thread: New Topic Emails

Ok see if I can word this correctly. I am subscribed to a few of the topics in this forum. I get emails from time to time on New topics that users post. I in turn will go read the topics and my reply to it. If I understand it correctly once you reply to a post, you will continue to get emails on the topic. Sometimes when I either post a topic or reply to some of the topics that I am subscribed to I eventually get an email, but by the time I get it there will have already been 4 to 5 replies. Is this normal so that I do not get bomb barded with emails from the forum or am i misssing some emails.

EDIT: has the forum bit a bit slow too, I mean not to many posts lately.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    BANNED
    About the slow part I agree partially, my posts and topics are still replied to but not as fast as before.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Originally posted by bulio@2 April 2004 - 19:26
    About the slow part I agree partially, my posts and topics are still replied to but not as fast as before.
    About the eMails, i dont really know, i dont subscribe.
    About the speed part, board seems to load fine here atm
    About Bulios Topics getting posts, I can only guess.

Spoiler: Show

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Happy Anniversary, firefox!

Yes, what you are describing is normal. I don't think Invision's email notification system works 100% correct. It says you're only supposed to get one email about a reply to a topic, even if several other replies were also posted. But sometimes I get several emails about the same topic, while other times I don't get any! It's been that way as long as I've been a member - you just have to learn to live with it.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Originally posted by Nightwolf@2 April 2004 - 13:33
    Happy Anniversary, firefox!

Yes, what you are describing is normal. I don't think Invision's email notification system works 100% correct. It says you're only supposed to get one email about a reply to a topic, even if several other replies were also posted. But sometimes I get several emails about the same topic, while other times I don't get any! It's been that way as long as I've been a member - you just have to learn to live with it.
    Hey thanks, did not even notice its been a year, Wow time flies. Anyway, I was just making sure that it was not some settings on my part. I have learned to live with it, just did not want to miss anything, its adicting. POST Damit POST.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    See, this is the perfect example. I had four emails in my inbox telling me people had replied to topics, but this wasn't one of them. I had to browse to this one manually.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    guess we will just have to live with it.