Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Athlon Xp Confuse Customers

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    sure as hell confuses me
    A good game is still good if its late, a bad game is bad forever, Shigeru Miyamoto

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I find athlon XP less confusing than P4, P4c, P4EE, P4 prescott etc. they keep changing the pin count and that is real annoying!

amd has stayed pretty consistent, Athlon, then Athlon XP just changing the FSB basically.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    of course they're gonna say model numbers are confusing, because Intel wants people to believe that megahertz are a direct measure of power. the only direct measure of power is benchmarking and "real life" use.

both Intel and AMD's marketing strategies are confusing. there's no way around it, because the average customer doesn't want to look at a bunch of charts & graphs in order to figure out which is the better chip.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@2 April 2004 - 22:18
    of course they're gonna say model numbers are confusing, because Intel wants people to believe that megahertz are a direct measure of power. the only direct measure of power is benchmarking and "real life" use.

both Intel and AMD's marketing strategies are confusing. there's no way around it, because the average customer doesn't want to look at a bunch of charts & graphs in order to figure out which is the better chip.
    Yep.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    there should be a standard that every company abides by. based on a standard set of benchmarks.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Pitbul@3 April 2004 - 19:59
    there should be a standard that every company abides by. based on a standard set of benchmarks.
    I agree.

Please let us know when you have persuaded all the manufacturers to use the same benchmarks.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by lynx@3 April 2004 - 15:08
    Please let us know when you have persuaded all the manufacturers to use the same benchmarks.
    There's an idea! Make a benchmarking program, could be made by any company non biased toward any of the cpu manfufacturers. Then teh company will name their product after their benchmark score!

i can see it now, the new AMD 64bit 43,578 lol

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    The only problem with using benchmark scores for CPU product rating is that there are so many other factors to a system that can affect a benchmark score like the chipset used, for example. Those 2 companies certainly won't be using the same chipset.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    You know I do like AMD . Keeping the prices down but I do find it confusing, bring you calculater when computer shopping.For the new shopper its bloody tuff. I tell my buddies FORD or CHEVY is the only way they understand.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast