Thread: How Many Files Do I Need For Dc++

Hi,
    I was wondering if using DC++ would be right for me, I have about 10 gig of MP3 ect I would like to share is this enough? Also if I use DC++ will I have problems with the law ect? I would like to know a bit more about it as lots of friends have said its good but I dont know a good site to answer my questions any suggestions?
    Sorry if all this info is already here somewhere but I havent found it,
    Cheers
    :helpsmile:
    A sandwich is better than nothing, but nothing is better than paradise, so a sandwich is better than paradise.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    If they want you to share 1 - 300 GB, I would think that your safe.
    P4 2.4C / 1024M / R9600XT 128M / 80GB / 400W
    Peer-to-peer Programs...

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    300 gb lol

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by p2pmaster@6 April 2004 - 09:47
    300 gb lol
    I share 300+ GB in Soulseek
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    thanks, Ill check it out as I keep hearing good things, oh and will you be a friend in soulseek plz 4th gen? jokes
    A sandwich is better than nothing, but nothing is better than paradise, so a sandwich is better than paradise.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    KaZaA REally Can't Be BeatFor Mp3's Unless You Find a Hub Geared To That Soleley... However Trick is To Find Hubs Geared Soleley to Your Tastes.. Then
    You Have 100 - 1000 users all sharing 1 - 300GB each of the files you all have the same taste in... HoRrOr HuBs ArE a CrAzY On Dc++ !!!! I love the HORROR GENRE and there isint nothing i havent been able to find or download somewhere.

check out my hubs if ya want jdmimports.zapto.org:412
    teamstersgold.zapto.org:666

Both 10GB Minimum

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by JDMboiRacR@10 April 2004 - 18:24
    KaZaA REally Can't Be BeatFor Mp3's
    You're kidding, right?

Soulseek, Blubster, Bittorent, newsgroups, eMule are all superior to Kazaa for mp3 files
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    For Single Mp3's I Still Use KaZaA Over Anything... Tuens Up a Result For anyhting , And With My Norton Running Im Not That Worried... Plus The DL's Are Fast As They Can Connect To Multiple Sources... Im Sure There ARe Better Progs Too, For Full Albums etc. but im not a Mp3 Junkie.... Im a DivX Junkie !!!

And Yes Ive Been Hearing Good Things Bout Soulseek.. Jsut Havent Checked It Out.... Mp3's ARent My Thing really

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    I like DivX but i find most of the stuff i need on bittorrent sites so it would really only be for occasional use, i think i'll have a proper look into it when i have less on, my real problem is srorage i think, i have to burn all my movies to disc as soon as i get them to stop my hd being full its only 40 gig. When i have more storage i'll get DC++ and share all the stuff i have but till then ill stick with bittorrent, soulseek & kazaa. cheers for the info though