Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Direct & Indirect Taxation

MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Heh. I'm not employed right now. Doesn't stop the government from taxing me. Fair PharmaCare. Right.

If you're working for a company, you won't get cash. But you will get CIT, CPP, EI, and union dues taken off your cheque, usually amounting to 25-30% of the net pay. This doesn't take into consideration the federal and provincial taxable income.

Of course, if you buy anything, you get another 14.5% tax added on.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    I went to Canada once, Niagra Falls. Must be why I had to pay around $6 U.S. for a Big Mac, with cheese even.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    I personally think that direct taxation is fairer, because it depends on a person's income, whereas indirect doesn't.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@5 April 2004 - 21:46
    Heh. I'm not employed right now. Doesn't stop the government from taxing me. Fair PharmaCare. Right.

If you're working for a company, you won't get cash. But you will get CIT, CPP, EI, and union dues taken off your cheque, usually amounting to 25-30% of the net pay. This doesn't take into consideration the federal and provincial taxable income.

well i do get paid with checks in the institution i am working now and i am paying tax on that but I demand cash on all of my private students who want lessons....

fuck tax

i mean, seriously, who needs credit and tax when u pay everything with cash

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Poster
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez+6 April 2004 - 16:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (james_bond_rulez @ 6 April 2004 - 16:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MagicNakor@5 April 2004 - 21:46
    Heh. I&#39;m not employed right now. Doesn&#39;t stop the government from taxing me. Fair PharmaCare. Right.

If you&#39;re working for a company, you won&#39;t get cash. But you will get CIT, CPP, EI, and union dues taken off your cheque, usually amounting to 25-30% of the net pay. This&nbsp; doesn&#39;t take into consideration the federal and provincial taxable income.

well i do get paid with checks in the institution i am working now and i am paying tax on that but I demand cash on all of my private students who want lessons....

fuck tax

i mean, seriously, who needs credit and tax when u pay everything with cash [/b][/quote]
    I dob&#39;t know where you live.

However unless you intend buying your house, car etc cash then I suggest you get yourself a credit rating.

Banks and Building Societies do not like invisible people turning up and asking for large sums of money.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+6 April 2004 - 13:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol &#064; 6 April 2004 - 13:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@6 April 2004 - 16:54
    <!--QuoteBegin-MagicNakor
    @5 April 2004 - 21:46
    Heh. I&#39;m not employed right now. Doesn&#39;t stop the government from taxing me. Fair PharmaCare. Right.

If you&#39;re working for a company, you won&#39;t get cash. But you will get CIT, CPP, EI, and union dues taken off your cheque, usually amounting to 25-30% of the net pay. This&nbsp; doesn&#39;t take into consideration the federal and provincial taxable income.

fuck tax

i mean, seriously, who needs credit and tax when u pay everything with cash
    I dob&#39;t know where you live.

However unless you intend buying your house, car etc cash then I suggest you get yourself a credit rating.

Banks and Building Societies do not like invisible people turning up and asking for large sums of money.[/b][/quote]
    True.

Most of the people that I hear say "fu*k tax, pay with cash" already have screwed up credit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123