Thread: The Chronicles Of Prydain

I'm trying to find the following books:

The Book of Three
    The Black Cauldron
    The Castle of Llyr
    Taran Wanderer
    The High King
    The Foundling and Other Tales of Prydain

Now I didn't post this in requests because I don't want to download them from kazaa or anything like that. I'm wondering if anybody knows of a website I could get them off from? Or a direct link would be even better.

Please help me find them.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Fantastic books, I loved them when I was younger. Are you trying to get them in e-book format or actual books?

If you want the books try Amazon, I just went there and they have the for as cheap as 2.50defiently worth the money.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by Withcheese@3 April 2004 - 17:09
    Fantastic books, I loved them when I was younger. Are you trying to get them in e-book format or actual books?

If you want the books try Amazon, I just went there and they have the for as cheap as 2.50defiently worth the money.
    I loved those books aswell when I was younger, I still have taran wanderer.
    I read it a few months ago and it was a still a good read.

I wouldn't mind downloading them myself.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    actually i was trying to find something i could download and open up in wordpad or something. just so i can read it on my pc. anybody know of a place. now i know u can get them in kazaa, but i dont have the program and im not going to download it just for those books. so a direct link or something would be nice.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    What a coincidence! After downloading the text for the first five books (I haven't yet Found The Foundling), I formatted them to use curly quotes and typographic ligatures, spellchecked them, and corrected the mistakes (at least most of them). Then I added cover artwork from Amazon.com. I just finished the conversions a few days ago, and today I happened to see this page on Google!

I registered here just so I could help you guys out.

The best way I've found to read books on a computer is with the Microsoft Reader (even though it's from M&#036. That's why I put all five books in .LIT format. I also have them in .DOC format (or .RTF or even .TXT if you want), but MS Reader starts up at the last page you were on, and it shows one page at a time (no scrolling) in very legible type. You can quickly jump to any page, and I set each chapter to begin on a new page. You can also read this format on handheld Pocket PC's or Tablet PC's. It's the closest thing to reading a physical book that I've seen. (Try it. If you don't like it, just ask me for a different format.)

1. Download and install MS Reader. Don't bother "activating" it unless you plan on purchasing e-books for it.
    2. PM me with your e-mail address. Each book is about 300K. I could also send you versions without the cover images, which cuts the filesizes in half.
    3. Let me know what you think, and please share them!

* I have the five Prydain books in paperback, and highly recommend buying them if you like the e-book versions I made. I think it's a shame that most books like these aren't even available for purchase as e-books, and the few that are for sale are priced higher than the same titles in paperback. Why are the prices HIGHER for downloadable versions when the publishers don't have to pay for paper, printing, or distribution?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    I have the first five shared on soulseek.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    @pc-gamer-dude:

Apparently you need to make a certain number of posts before you can use the Private Message feature, so I couldn't receive whatever you sent me. Please contact me via e-mail instead.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    well i've e-mailed you and waiting for a response.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    I checked my e-mail yesterday (Sunday) and got your message, which you sent on Saturday. I sent you the zip file right away.

P.S.- If you didn't get the file by the time you read this, make sure you sent me the correct e-mail address. The one you gave me and the one listed in the "from" section of your e-mail have different names before the @ sign.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    there very well typed and i got the e-mail yesterday. thank you again for them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast