Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Graphics Fan Makes Noise...

Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by delphin460@3 April 2004 - 08:16
    its an riaa bug that noise you are hearing , its recording everything you do

quick , throw your pc out the window

ether that or go and buy a new fan , they cost like $5 and its just 4 screws and a plug
    That wasn't even funny...

If its got 1 year warranty then get it replaced.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    my hard drive makes that noise too, the bearings are worn out or something.

so in the morning when I startup the computer it has a low pitched squeeling\grinding combonation noise which is kinda annoying but goes away after 30 seconds-1minute.

It has been doing this for 6months (right when my warranty ran out )and ive been waiting for it to die to buy a new one but it's still runnning fine so waiting for your gpu fan to die might take a while

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    lynx's Avatar .
    Get the fan replaced now. Either rma the whold card, or go out and buy a new fan, which may be a cheaper option than the postage for the rma. Don't wait for it to fail, your graphics card will probably fail at the same time.

Don't use oil on the fan, you will invalidate the warranty. If you decide to buy a new fan, keep the old one until the warranty runs out just in case anything else goes wrong and you really do want to rma it.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    My oc/ed Leadtek is running without a fan at the moment with no problem, but its not reccomended.....you could always try removing it and giving it a little bit of WD40 in the pin/washer assembly at the back if you need to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12